thermostat failure

thermostat failure

Postby LethalEthan » Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 am

Ok so my truck has been acting funny the past couple of days. I figured my thermostat was stuck open as well as my fan stopped working. No big deal right? Well after coming home from the car meet last night we went to work replacing my thermostat. Only to find that it FELL APART inside my motor. Has anyone ever seen this happen before? I have never even heard of it happening. I dont know if i got all the pieces out of the motor but i hope I did. On to the pics

Thats what I saw upon removing the water neck.

This piece was laying down inside the intake manifold.

It wont even go in all the way. I dont know how it was connected, so I dont know what all pieces are missing and possibly laying down in my manifold or where ever. I tried to compare it to the new one but the new one is completely different.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Re: wtf?!

Postby LethalEthan » Sun May 10, 2009 2:17 pm

wow mike, sorry im so cheap. I guess i expected a thermostat to last longer than 2 or 3 months. Oh well, I can tuck 275 wide tires on stock fenders, can you?

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby 4x4D50 » Sun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm

Mine did the same thing..

BTW the Aftermarket thermostat did not have a purge plug so I drilled a small hole. Worked very well for well its just about time to install a new one put it that way..
4x4D50

Postby LethalEthan » Sun May 10, 2009 5:16 pm

mwarme wrote:Well if that is only 2-3 months than you must be like the fuckin beaners and only put water in your cooling system and not anti freeze. What does the tires have to do with this? I maintain my truck

water+redline water wetter+ antifreeze and some stop leak. Just saying, dont call someone else cheap on your own suspicion. Just because something fell apart does not mean I don't maintain my truck. My truck has to stay maintained because it is a real daily driver, it does not sit EVER. Lets see it started staying colder than normal and my fan stopped working. What did I do? Replaced the thermostat right away and bought a nice new 14in hayden electric fan. I dont know about you, but I wouldnt call that cheap.

If you still think im trying to cheap out on stuff i'll show you the wheels im going to put on my truck.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby DarthWookie » Mon May 11, 2009 7:48 am

Those fans aren't cheap at all. Plus the fuggin thermo control kit and mounting hardware are sold seperate. I was gonna get one last year but ended up going with another clutch fan and a bumper from the local u-pull( my clutch fan got warped from when I rear ended the wife's cobalt lol). That sucks about the thermostat, never had one do that to me but that's one of those autoparts that are produced in mass quanity, and that being the case they prolly only q.c. a certain percentage of them that come down the line, which means you got one that they missed. It happens, just sucks that it happened to you buddy. You can tuck a 275? I'm envious lol.
where the hell are my PANTS!?!?!?!?
DarthWookie

Postby LethalEthan » Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 am

hahaha yeah, we got some 03-04 mustang cobra wheels and test fit them on my truck. Though their 5 lug and im 6 lug, sitting them right up on the hubs their dead even with the edge of the fender, they will sink in about another 1.5-2in when their mounted :D I got pics but im waiting on my buddy to upload them

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby Grimace » Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 pm

MENS ASSES. (omg don't banzor me.)

Grimace

Postby RusTy Max » Mon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Mmmmm Big Shiney Chrome! I hate ford... but love those rims!
RusTy Max

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Postby Johnboy72 » Fri May 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Ethan, your a cheap bastard! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP....what company did ya buy the valance/chin spoiler from?
:lol:
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby LethalEthan » Sat May 30, 2009 12:17 am

it's just a stock valance widened about 3 inches i think maybe 4. There used to be a home depot lip on it before we widened it though, just havent gotten around to putting another one on.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Next

Return to Cooling System.