Not the ECM, possibly fuel pump??

Not the ECM, possibly fuel pump??

Postby kxracer987 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:15 am

Alright, can someone answer a Q for me? These have to have electric fuel pumps, and I can't hear mine click on. I've had vehicles that you couldn't hear them, so I don't know if it is bad or what. Can you guys hear your fuel pumps prime when you turn your keys on? Do these have a relay or a fuse for the pump somewhere, and if so, where? I checked the fuse box, but didn't see any that said fuel pump. Thanks, I really want to get this thing going, and I just wasted $100 going off what the shop told me was wrong. :doh:
My Money pit-D50, DD-Sonoma, and Baby-Power Wagon
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Engine Size: 2.4l
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Re: Not the ECM, possibly fuel pump??

Postby TurboMax » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 pm

There is a control relay for the fuel pump just below the ecu. Also, check the fusible link by the battery. I believe its the one thats say ECI.
TurboMax

Engine Size: 2.6T

Postby Spicoli » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Jecr (dont know what else to call you) damned glad to see you found the site!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

I had the same prob, I THINK I have a good relay out of my 3.0 that I replaced hoping to fix it, if you want I could ship it to you and if it works we will work something out if not, just send it back.
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby kxracer987 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:31 pm

TurboMax wrote:There is a control relay for the fuel pump just below the ecu. Also, check the fusible link by the battery. I believe its the one thats say ECI.

I will check that link. Thanks for the tip.
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Postby kxracer987 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Spicoli wrote:Jecr (dont know what else to call you) damned glad to see you found the site!!!!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

I had the same prob, I THINK I have a good relay out of my 3.0 that I replaced hoping to fix it, if you want I could ship it to you and if it works we will work something out if not, just send it back.

Do the 3.0's have the same relay? How much do you want for it?

Are these things prone to have fuel pump failures (like s10s), or is it more than likely something else? I don't know if you guys remember my story, but the truck was running fine until I turned the key off, then it wouldn't start. It cranks, it will run on starter fluid (spark), so it isn't getting fuel. I just can't see a fuel pump working fine, then just stopping and not working after the key is turned off. :snooty:
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Postby niftyd50881 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 pm

well since your is a 2.4l(correct?)and its an electrical thing you should be able to pull trouble codes from it.
all i can remember about that(since mine was 2.6 and could not do that, its in the haynes manual) was the thing(plug) for the trouble codes was behind the glove box, they were read with an anolog voltmeter.
maybe someone more familiar with this can chime in about the proper way to access the trouble codes.

anyone not familiar with this guys situation can check the thread this one below to get an idea :P
niftyd50881

Engine Size: 2.6l

Postby TurboMax » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 am

niftyd50881 wrote:well since your is a 2.4l(correct?)and its an electrical thing you should be able to pull trouble codes from it.
all i can remember about that(since mine was 2.6 and could not do that, its in the haynes manual) was the thing(plug) for the trouble codes was behind the glove box, they were read with an anolog voltmeter.
maybe someone more familiar with this can chime in about the proper way to access the trouble codes.

anyone not familiar with this guys situation can check the thread this one below to get an idea :P

Yes, check your trouble codes.

Also, there should be a loose wire behind the fuse panel which is used to test the fuel pump. Just run a wire from the +12 battery to the wire. I can't recall the color of the wire connector but there should only be one behind the fuse panel.
TurboMax

Engine Size: 2.6T

Postby kxracer987 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 am

niftyd50881 wrote:well since your is a 2.4l(correct?)and its an electrical thing you should be able to pull trouble codes from it.

I didn't notice a check engine light though, but then again I guess I didn't look, lol. I will check that when I check the in-line.
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Postby kxracer987 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:46 am

TurboMax wrote:

Also, there should be a loose wire behind the fuse panel which is used to test the fuel pump. Just run a wire from the +12 battery to the wire. I can't recall the color of the wire connector but there should only be one behind the fuse panel.

The panel in the cab? I will look for that also.

Thanks for all the help guys. :obscene-drinkingbuddies:
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Postby kxracer987 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:18 am

TurboMax wrote:

Alright, I'm dumb. It won't throw a light unless running, lol. I checked behind the panel, and I have a whole connector that has 2-3 wires running to it just hanging up there. Is that what you were talking about? If so, which prong do I run power to? Thanks
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Next

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems