Bad M.A.F.?????

Bad M.A.F.?????

Postby d50fan91 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Hey guys back again with a little problem...I got a 1991 d50 2.4 5spd, 212,654miles ...about a month ago i was gettin down on her pretty hard and all of sudden it fall's flat on its face like it was very sudden and scared the shit outta me lol it stayed running but whenever i would give it any gas it would spit and sputter and fall on its face and right after this happened i got a check engine light...so the next morning i start it up and it starts up and immediately dies....will run if given some gas but spits and sputter's and popping through the intake just running like crap. So i unplug the maf sensor and it runs exactly the same so then to be sure i pulled the codes out of the truck and it said bad m.a.f. So i go to a local yard and get another m.a.f. off a 92 with 260,000+ on it... I put it on and immediately it runs fine just like it used to run...well about 4 days later after it was fine i was actually going up the same hill that the last m.a.f. died on and the same exact damn thing happened....fell on its face, spittin and sputtering,check engine light....So my question is could there be something causing both of these m.a.f. to go bad? like a bad sensor that would cause this or is it just coincidence that this happened? The junk yard one did work for a few days and did have more miles on it and my original had alot of miles as well. If this is a Bad M.A.F. would anyone know of where i can find either a reman or new one fairly cheap? I dont have the money for a new at 320+dollars...I know this is long but its an emergency...i have no other vehicle and only a part time job and have actually been sleeping in the damn truck so it running decent is very important. Thanks for anyone who can help me figure this out or point in the direction of a good one. I really appreciate this...Thanks Again
Paul
d50fan91

Re: Bad M.A.F.?????

Postby redresurrection » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:06 am

i was having the same problem, i changed my air filter should have done awile ago.. $20 dollars fixed the POS.
redresurrection

Re: Bad M.A.F.?????

Postby d50fan91 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:29 pm

i wish it was that easy lol i just changed it about a month ago when the first sign's of the prob came up...
d50fan91

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems