weber 32/36 question

weber 32/36 question

Postby TotallyBalistic » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:53 pm

here we go with the question that could be answered with alittle research. id just rather hear it from somebody on here for some reason. so what i was wondering, on my weber 32/36 it has that adjustment screw at the bottom that i assume is the fuel/air mixture screw, what dirrection does what when you turn it, tighten it shuts off fuel or what? i dont wanna hear all that look it up crap i just need and answer
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Re: weber 32/36 question

Postby Aeroheadcww » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:24 pm

That is the idle mixture screw, it controls the air/fuel ratio for closed throttle only. Screw it in leans the idle, screw it out enriches it. Rule of thumb I've always used is adjust it until it gives the fastest idle speed. After that you can adjust your idle stop screw to the desired idle speed, then maybe tweak the mixture a little again.
Good luck tuning! :)
Aeroheadcww

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: weber 32/36 question

Postby TotallyBalistic » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 pm

thanks man that was pretty helpful, after the rain clears out ill get ontop of that. many thanks
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems