oil leaks!$%^&#

oil leaks!$%^&#

Postby maxFTW » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

i cant seem to trace it i found one by the oil filter and it was leaking but i dunno if theres a gasket down there? right behind the oil filter mounting plate?. and i also found one at the front of the motor middle of the engine towards the timing cover so i have no clue where that one is coming from either. ideas??? ?
[-]===Ram===[-]
I wouldent hit a lady but i would beat a bitch!!
-89 ram 50 2.0 2wd
-Soon to be 4g63t
maxFTW

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: oil leaks!$%^&#

Postby 79D50 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 am

maxFTW wrote:i cant seem to trace it i found one by the oil filter and it was leaking but i dunno if theres a gasket down there? right behind the oil filter mounting plate?. and i also found one at the front of the motor middle of the engine towards the timing cover so i have no clue where that one is coming from either. ideas??? ?

1. By some "Gunk" (engine cleaner) and spray her down at the local spray n wash.
2. Get to work on the cleaning - Try not to dousch your distributor/CAP/Carb (if applicable)
3. Once clean, drive it for a day and examine where the leaks are coming from.
4. You may need to replace your timing cover gasket which is good becuase you will be able to inspect your oil pump, guides etc.
5. Your filter gasket may be compromised. That is an inexpensive replacement.

The only way to really get a handle on the leaks is to clean it first then inspect.
79D50
Donator
Donator

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems