primary idle jet size for weber?

primary idle jet size for weber?

Postby maxFTW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:29 pm

what do you weber boys run on your d-50 i have been running a .44-.55 in mine I'm just trying to get it not to run rich and i think this is why i have a bit of hesitation when i accelerate
[-]===Ram===[-]
I wouldent hit a lady but i would beat a bitch!!
-89 ram 50 2.0 2wd
-Soon to be 4g63t
maxFTW

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: primary idle jet size for weber?

Postby pennyman1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 pm

sounds more like your accelerator pump needs adjusted and/or the float level is too low- try those before changing jets. jet size is dependant on many factors, so a bit of trial and error is inevitable.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby maxFTW » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:45 pm

well its brand new weber so i highly doubt that no offense.... but theres a bit of hesitation when i accelerate and i fuckin bombed my emissions test !!!!!!!!!!!!! im just trying to wean out the to much fuel factor
[-]===Ram===[-]
I wouldent hit a lady but i would beat a bitch!!
-89 ram 50 2.0 2wd
-Soon to be 4g63t
maxFTW

Postby 77amc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 pm

You HAVE TO go thru emmisions testing and you got a WEBBER??
You may never get it to run 'clean' enough to pass.

Contact the place you got it from and ask if it came with 'generic' settings/jets in it. ALso ask if they could 'trade out' pieces that arent going to work for you if you need more/different parts.

I have misplaced the place that I got mine from, but I had to change about 3 things. Around $40.00..

Near the primary port on the outside, there is a little screwstop that opens the primary just slightly with the off-idle porting and may be part or the cause. You may want to take it out and put it in backwards where you can adjust it from the mounted position rather than having to take the whole carb off and adjust.
Anyhow, screw it enough to SLIGHTLY open the primary. Then you will have to re-adjust the choke, air mixture and idle according to the tach. I believe it's about 850rpms@nutral idle.

The larger 'squirters' go from 35cc's to 50 I think (it's been a while since I've read on these.) but the thing to remember is that when you get to the bigger squirters, you will definately see a decrease in mileage. And again hurt your score with the emmisions man.

E
77amc
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6

Postby pennyman1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Don't think that its new so its in adjustment; shipping can hammer the float. Also check to see that debris isn't holding the needle valve open; there is a filter under the inlet fitting, but I had a new weber that had a piece of something stuck to the needle valve tip that caused it to flood out.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby 77amc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 pm

I just ordered a 2.6 conversion and linkage kit. www.Triangleautosupply.com The number is 800-572-3681
Ask for Chris or Matt. They've been in business since 1921! Rather reasonable prices too.
They can set you up with the right jets/emulsion tubes for it.

HOpe that helps.

E
77amc
VIP
VIP

Postby 77amc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 am

Well, got mine running also. 88 2.6 with weber, modded intake, header, roller rockers, Shnieder cam (272), "re-degreed" cam gear (4+).

now that I've run some good gas through it its' idling better, but has a problem with violent backfiring at mid throttle :x
So, I'm not sure if my jets are off also.
I had my regulator at around 2.5-3 but just for the heck of it I turned it up to 4psi and it didn't start flooding it at all! and idled better.
I'll be messin with it more this week and still need to fit up the e-fan, then I can run it for a lonnng time without forgetting to look at the gauges. :doh:

Hows yours working for your?

E
77amc
VIP
VIP

Postby marlin3030hntr » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

Okay gents its not that big of a deal i had to take my 80 Arrow thru emissions and have a weber on it an i got it to pass with flying colors took me about 15 minutes if tuning and a couple other things(secrets secrets) but, it can be done, i adjested the mixture to where it was fat enough to make it run smooth and well then leaned it out just enough to where it seemed to have a SLIGHT surge at idle and set the idle to about 800 or 850 which is higher tan normal pm me if you need further assistance will be glad to answer all questions.
-80 Arrow Truck(daily driver)
-64 Scout SOA conversion w/ chevy v8 and th350 swap(4x4 hunting rig)
-77 f100 w/ 400m(ass haulin pickup)
-67 Plymouth Belvedere orig. 318(8 yr project car and going)
-86 Mustang GT(weekend cruiser)
marlin3030hntr
VIP
VIP

What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby 77amc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 am

WELL, SHOOTFAR MARLIN!! Come on down/over and help me get this one running right!
I do have it starting and idles fine, Just at about 1/3rd throttle it starts backfiring :?

I know that the work I did to the head and with header it's gonna lean it out some but am going to pull the airhorn off tomorrow to see what's in it. (air-correctors, primarys n such) It DOES squirt from the pump though.

That's amazing that you got it to pass! NONE of my older Hondas were able to pass no matter what I did.. Well, besides putting the original carb back on.

E
77amc
VIP
VIP

Postby zipperd50 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 am

we have an 89 2.6L with a 32 36 weber DGEV and our main sizes are 140 primary and 155 secondary, the air jets are 155 primary and 160 secondary and the idle jets are 55 primary and 60 secondary with it advanced about 3 degrees...it idles great and doesnt diesel, has a lot more power then when we got it and it doesnt hold back, not too rich and not too lean, thinking about advancing it just a hair...get about 27mpg highway and 19ish city all depending on how its driven
zipperd50
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6L

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems