weber carb trouble

weber carb trouble

Postby dragginmits » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

been foolin with the mighty max for a while and just cant seem to get it right i started as a complete noob to engine builds so i know thats where my problem is i have about 2000 miles on my rebuit 2.0 its stock except for the weber 38, .040 over bore, balace shaft elimitnator kit and and exaust. for exhaust it has no cat and a turbo style muffler. the problem i have is after i change the oil it will run for about a week around (150 miles) give or take then i get low oil pressure due to gas thining my oil. im pretty sure the carb is to blame since i would have gone with the 32/36 if i had known better in the begining. could different jets solve my problem?
dragginmits

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Re: weber carb trouble

Postby dragginmits » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:53 pm

yes badly i changed them not too long ago. im at work right now i get off at 11 ill get more specific as to wich ones are when i get home
dragginmits

Postby TotallyBalistic » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 pm

do you have a manual fuel pump or electric?? if youre getting enough gas to go through and thin 4 quarts of oil that fast then those are some baaaad rings...if its got a manual fuel pump then the fuel pump might be out and dumpin gas into the head...i been there done that and lucky i didnt spit a berring out
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Postby dragginmits » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 pm

i thought about the fuel pump replaced it about 2 moths ago for that very reason but still gettin gas in the oil im reall hard leaning toward the rings now
dragginmits

Return to Fuel & Lubrication Systems