Holey exhaust manifold Batman

Holey exhaust manifold Batman

Postby Ramit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:20 pm

I was under the ole Dodge this morning changing the oil,and as I looked up to screw the oil filter back on,I noticed what looked to be a hole in the bottom side of the exhaust manifold.It is in the flat section of the manifold around where the #1 and #2 exhaust runners meet, just before they merge into the collector and start turning downward. I have always had what I thought was a small exhaust leak, because of a slight ticking noise.Now this hole is about half the size of a dime.I stuck a small screwdriver up into it a good 2inches.I put my finger over the hole while the engine was idling(before it got too hot)but didn't really feel much air pressure. Nor do I hear alot of exhaust leak noise. With a hole that size you would think it would be making all kinds of racket. I guess my question is, does a stock manifold have some kind of double wall built into it,or is the hole between the two runners that is covered by the casting? I have never had just the exhaust manifold in my hands to see how it is designed.Somebody help me!!
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Re: Holey exhaust manifold Batman

Postby Ramit » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:17 pm

2.0 G63B 1983 Power Ram. Yeah, guess I should have put that info in there with the rest of it.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Return to Exhaust Systems.