Surprising exhaust results

Surprising exhaust results

Postby netstat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:52 pm

So I wrecked my MM at the beginning of the summer and basically just let it sit until recently.

Got the body work about 85% done, replaced blown out brake lines that caused the wreck in the first place.

got it back on the road, but apparently from sitting so long the exhaust rotted out from the muffler back.

I didn't want to spend the $ on a stock replacement muff since the local parts stores wanted $120 or more....

So I put a cherry bomb glasspack on it. I was expecting it to sound like complete poop, but it actually sounds pretty damn decent.

Win?
netstat
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Re: Surprising exhaust results

Postby pennyman1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm

These trucks sound good with a free flowing exhaust, especially with a weber carb on it. My 80 sounds wicked with a weber carb, pacesetter header, free flow cat, and a flowmaster with dual outlets - its louder than my Blackwood with a Cherrybomb Vortex dual exhaust on it!
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Mines sounded really good after I broke one of the bolts to the rear section of the exhaust. I just left it off, with a gutted cat, everyone thought I had a flowmaster exhaust system. A lot of popping on the g63b like that on decel but sounded like a beast when I punched it.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby camoit » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Popping on decel is from a lean mixture or cool air flowing in to the exhuast. Try and ritchen it up just a bit or a biger main jet. Now that you have changed the back pressure you should re-tuen.

My truck is going to the header guy this week. We will see how it comes out. They want the cam part number, gring, compression, Bore CCs, carb size and max RPM. The exhuast headers are going to be tuened just for this engine. They are also going to build the mufflers just for this truck. Should take about 2 weeks. This means I will half to spend time with the wife,,,, I hope I don't kill my self wile it's away..
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Return to Exhaust Systems.