new headers and a different intake setup??

new headers and a different intake setup??

Postby cord__moss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:29 am

OK so I wondered what this weird tubing coming out of my header was. it kinda spiraled up and went into what I deemed to be a type of thermostat for heated exhaust air that once the motor is warm enough, lets the warm air back up to the air filter housing and shuts off what appears to be an auto choke next to the carb inlet. So I took it all off to see if I couldnt figure out what the hell it all is. Sounded pretty gnarly all opened up too. heh heh. So my question is this. Can I get new headers and a different air filter setup for my 2.0L G63B motor that would clean up space under my hood and get rid of that asthetically displeasing thermostat tubing off my header and free up a bunch of visual space in my engine bay? Maybe some block hugger headers and something like an air filter right on top of my carb kinda old hot rod style. If that is possible...what would it be and where do i find it? I scoured all over the web today searching for advice and since mightyd50 is shot....i registered here and I am hoping someone can shove some advice or knowledge my way. :think:

:pray: cord__moss :pray:
cord__moss

Re: new headers and a different intake setup??

Postby Spicoli » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:48 am

Is your head paired or even spaced exhaust ports?
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby cord__moss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:47 am

paired
cord__moss

Postby cord__moss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 am

this is basically the thing that im not sure what it is.....and why i need it......and u can see my headers in there too
wtfpart.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cord__moss

Postby Spicoli » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 am

Give me a few months on the header.

That thing comes off when you replace the header, Gank it off and plug off the holes youll be aight :handgestures-thumbup:
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby cord__moss » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

yeah but when i take it off......will i need to get a manual choke? i think that thing in the air filter housing is an auto choke. and it I take that goofy thing off of the headers it will leave a hole back there cause it leads into the air filter housing...and i think its an air return to let the truck not use the choke when its warm enough, hence why im wonderin if i need a manual choke or something...... :think:
cord__moss

Postby niftyd50881 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:24 pm

thats your reed valve for the secondary air system.
all it does is basically shoot air into your exhaust, lose it.
i think there was a thread on md50 about a quarter being the right size to plug the hole or something.
niftyd50881

Engine Size: 2.6l

Postby cord__moss » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 pm

oh ccol. yeah i noticed two little reed lookin thingys inside of it. had no idea at all what it was. thanks. so i just need to find some new headers and itll be done. thanks again! :handgestures-thumbup:
cord__moss

Return to Exhaust Systems.