jet valves?

jet valves?

Postby ram50rt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

last week i was driving my truck home from my wifes hometown (3hr drive) when i noticed it making an odd noise. i stopped and the truck was idling very rough and lacked power. i drove it the rest of the way home and then back and forth to work. the problem seemed to get worse. it sounded like i had a dead cylinder. so i cleaned the plugs and it still ran the same. then i did a compression test and these were the results 1-50psi, 2-150psi, 3-148psi, 4-50psi. i took the valve cover off and found that cylinder 1 and 4 had stuck jet valves and the part of the rocker that operates the jet valve was broken off of cylinder 2. i took the broken piece out of the cylinder head, removed the jet valve adjusters from the remaining rocker arms, and used a screwdriver to close the open jet valves. the truck seems to run ok now. i am just wondering how important are the jet valves to the operation of the engine and if i have created a serious problem by removing the adjusters.
ram50rt

Re: jet valves?

Postby ram50rt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:51 am

thats basicly what i did, removed the adjusters. what is a jet valve elimination kit and where can i find one?
ram50rt

Postby TurboMax » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:37 pm

The jet valves is mainly for emissions, just do what Maxd50 says. I've done the same thing and have not had any problems before. If you ever have to do headwork in the future do the jet valve elimination kit then. The kit runs about $20-25.
TurboMax

Engine Size: 2.6T

Postby leonwold » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:15 pm

i managed to score a free head from a dodge caravan that came stock with no jet valves. has way more power than my old one. (that was also warped)
leonwold

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:03 am

Dads website has them. Don't have the site handy at this time.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Return to Head & Block