Today blows...

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Today blows...

Postby Mighty6 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:36 am

Its like 0 degrees this morning... so what happens? My lil Ram with an idle issue wont start. To dead of batt to keep her pumpin. So i used my broken ass Mighty to jump the ram. (getting the trucks close enough and not all the way in the road was a story itself). So long long long story short; i get my truck running! Shut the door to go put the other truck away; then walk back; tug the handle... DENIED! I hit the lock one of the times going in and out of my trucks :(

Screwdriver + Hammer + Weak cold plastic on old truck = Easy access rear slider to get in :D

30 minute freaking ordeal this morning; on one of the coldest >_<

On the upside; i get my Hoist and Stand tomorrow!! Tear my 6G72 out and get her back and running...
Mighty6

Engine Size: 6G72
What year vehicle do you own?: 1994

Re: Today blows...

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Sorry to hear that man. I usually have wire hangers around for that same reason. Pry the door open a little and pull the lock. Wish I had a slider. :(
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Today blows...

Postby Mighty6 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:26 pm

I dont have to repair this slider... my v6 i do tho. Lol. It's easy to fix tho; has two screws; just comes off. It'll be finding a match thats gonna suck. My v6 has the split slider (screwdriver in, and twist, broke the windows open and shattered the lock) the 4 cyl is a single piece slider; and it was so freaking cold this morningl i was able to just jamb a screwdriver far enough in; it pushed it away from the lock and slid it open. No damages :D

But first thing i did when i got to work was make 3 spares lol...
Mighty6

Engine Size: 6G72
What year vehicle do you own?: 1994

Return to General Talk