Got myself a new dodge (well new to me)

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Got myself a new dodge (well new to me)

Postby Maxxheadroom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 am

Well I got rid of my old Ford and picked up a slightly younger Dodge, it's a 93 Dakota LE Extended cab with the 5.2 Magnum. The truck is really clean inside and out even has the stock tape deck. The truck belonged to an old man, it quit running about a year ago so he parked it in his garage. I suspect the ECM is shot I will be doing some tests later today to confirm that, I have to drive 20 damn miles to pick up a .33 MF capacitor to do the testing. Anyway here are some pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maxxheadroom

Re: Got myself a new dodge (well new to me)

Postby Maxxheadroom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks, got it for a whopping $850
Maxxheadroom

Postby pennyman1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:42 am

Check the pickup in the dist, they go bad and you lose spark. also check the gear on the dist shaft, they mushroom and fall off. My 91 Dakota with a 5.2 non-magnum did both. PM me if you need parts for this and I'll see if I have what you need.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby Maxxheadroom » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 am

According to the troubleshooting I did the ECM is shot, the pickup in the dist is new (previous owner) so is the cranks position sensor.
Maxxheadroom

Return to General Talk