Need help with a part.

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Need help with a part.

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

In my repair manual, it calls this piece a Reed Valve Assembly, and a few other people call it an EGR Valve. Can somebody please tell me what the heck this is!! :think: And tell me where i could possibly buy another one at a reasonable price, because it has a hole in the top (which isn't supposed to be there). Any help is appreciated. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Need help with a part.

Postby pennyman1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:27 pm

It is the reed valve assembly and is part of the air injection systems for emissions. Good luck finding one any good, although I may have one on my 86 2.0 that I won't be needing, as I am putting a header on it when I get it running right.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby DroppedMitsu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

As pennyman said it is a reed valve, the egr is on the intake manifold. I don't know where you would fine one though
-Josh-
1987 Mighty Max with 4g63 Turbo swap
1989 Macrocab Mighty Max
DroppedMitsu
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Ah, ok, thanks guys and well, Pennyman1, would you now how much would it cost to put a header on an 89 2.6, so that i wont need that part either? cause it sounds like that would be the best way to go in the long run.
Robert

Postby camoit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 am

OK don't take this the wrong way but you should have placed this in the emisions section under TUNING / SMOG

If you are having problems with the stock valve there is 2 ways to go about fixing it if you "can't" find the part. 1: Pull the thing off and remove it compleatly. 2: If you live in a place that requires you to SMOG it then go down to napa and pick up one of the check valves like the one below. THERE IS OTHER SIZES AVAILABLE, MESURE YOUR HOSE. Place it in the hose between the air cleaner and the broken check valve. This is all the first gens have. No big ugley valve with vacume lines. They also have ones that will screw right on the air pipe. Why they went to the one with the vacume controles I'll never know. It's probaly because they could control the air flow better. Now if you have an O2 sensor that controles the FI or the carberator then it might cause a problem or not I DONT KNOW, but it is worth a try just to pass smog. But it will keep the exhuast gas from flowing back up to the air cleaner.

Exhaust Air Check Valve
Product Line: Echlin Fuel System

Part Number: CRB 229013

Price: Price
Unit
:
:
Each

Features & Benefits NAPA Echlin Products Meet Or Exceed Original Equipment Specifications. All Products Are Top-Of-The-Line Quality, & 100% Tested & Inspected In An Environment That Is IS09000 Compliant.

Warranty Limited 12 Months
Warranty PDF

Attributes Exhaust Air Check Valve Hose Size : 5/8"
Exhaust Air Check Valve Length : 3"

Material Safety Data Sheet There is no MSDS for this item

Exhaust Air Check Valve
Product Line: Echlin Fuel System

Part Number: CRB 229282

Price: Price
Unit
:
:
Each

Features & Benefits NAPA Echlin Products Meet Or Exceed Original Equipment Specifications. All Products Are Top-Of-The-Line Quality, & 100% Tested & Inspected In An Environment That Is IS09000 Compliant.

Warranty Limited 12 Months
Warranty PDF

Attributes Exhaust Air Check Valve Hose Size : 3/4"
Exhaust Air Check Valve Length : 3"
Exhaust Air Check Valve Thread Size : 3/4" - 14

Material Safety Data Sheet There is no MSDS for this item
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

Ok, and I didn't post it under the emissions section because I didn't know EXACTLY what the this was. But thanks for the heads up and the info, I would also like to see about the idea of just putting a header on and not worrying about it.
Robert

Postby pennyman1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Pacesetter makes a header for the 2.6 that has a bung in the collector reducer for the O2 sensor, which you will need if you are still using the stock carb. It is an even port header - same space between all the ports. Doug Thorley also made a header for the 2.6 but I don't know if they have any left. With a cat after the header, mine still passed emissions with a weber 32/36 no problems.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the support guys, and sorry that I posted it in the wrong place, but hey, it all worked out
Robert

Return to General Talk