Top of the page graphic

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Top of the page graphic

Postby Robert » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Im likin the new title and pic for the site. Now, can someone tell me how those bottom driving lights are mounted to that truck? And where i can find some? I'm refering to the truck above, top of the page, above "A site for Mitsubishi Mighty Max and Dodge Ram 50 Enthusiasts."
Robert

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Top of the page graphic

Postby 4D55 Performance Inc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't like it, why are we using an ugly second gen? the first gen have much better lines. Looks like I am gonna have to complain to admin.
4D55 Performance Inc

Engine Size: 4D55
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Postby Robert » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 pm

I happen to like it And I own a 2nd gen and i am offended. The 2nd gen is as good looking as the 1st gen, maybe even better! Besides that pic shows a little sportiness I think. They are probably using the 2nd gen because the site is called mightyRAM 50, since the first gens were called d50s it makes sense why they would use that pic.
Robert

Postby camoit » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

If you have a graphic, post it up.
The size needs to be 150 X 900. Blindeye made this one. He is looking to lend a hand and build some graphics. So I thought I would toss it up today. I try to rotate the graphics around.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby 4D55 Performance Inc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Here's my problem with the graphic. While it's a nice graphic, I highly doubt that it represents what the head moderator wants for this site.

Also, here is a small history lesson about the first gens, the D-50 was only produced from 1979-81 because all the trucks were 2wd. Dodge used the "D" designation for 2wd pickups and "W" designation for 4wd pickups during that era. From 1982-86 the Dodge designated all 2wd as "Ram" and designated all 4wd pickups as "Power Ram". So many of the first gens were "Rams".

So that being said, even among the first gens some some models are more aesthetically pleasing than others. The 2 headlight versions are more pleasing than the 4 headlight versions. The SPX models look better than the Mighty Max model. The models with the turn signals in the grill looked better than those with the turn signals in the front bumper. And the best looking in my opinion is the 1984 SPX 4wd with the offroad package. That was the sexiest pickup Mitsubishi ever made.

It looks like I will have to submit some photos
4D55 Performance Inc

Engine Size: 4D55
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Postby Robert » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:14 am

Ok, well i think we got the point across, and everyone has their own opnion. But someone still hasnt answered my question about those lights.
Robert

Postby camoit » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:24 am

I would guess that they are just bolted to the underside of the bumper. Maby Blindeye would know. I think it is his truck.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby blindeyed » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

It's not my truck, it's a generic photo I found through Google. When I was designing that banner, long before I found this site (hence the name), I was searching for a high quality stock photo of the truck. That was the best one I found.
blindeyed
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1995

Postby Robert » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Cool, I'll try to replicate that on my project truck.
Robert

Return to General Talk