What would you like to see in the new version of the site?

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: What would you like to see in the new version of the site?

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Ive been out because t mobile internet on my iphone was out for some reason for a few days. Knew nothing about a remodel. The top picture looks like the local dsm forums I'm on and the second Looks new to me. The local forum I'm on has a classic view mostly white and blue, darkreghn which is mostly black and gray, and androm which is close to the top pic but with a lighter gray. :handgestures-thumbup: on change.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 pm

I like the bmiles, dvgfx2, and whitefilmy. whitefilmy is narrow enough for a border made of pictures collected from users.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63

Postby Johnboy72 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:40 am

If ya need some shit drawn up, let me know. I liked the logo on D50.com however I understand we can't use it. To be honest, this site's logo looks a little cheesy and cheap. Sorry if anyone is offended, just being honest.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 am

Ok, I'll see what I can't whip up. I challenge anyone that can draw, let me know! How about a ram ramming into a MM symbol? Like the MM symbol is what's left of a wall? Or something as different fonts with a 1st gen and 2nd gen bookending the title.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby villacorta32 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:08 pm

I think a status under our profile pic would be cool. Just to see how people are doing or what people are up to, and we could change it every time we log on
villacorta32
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Ok, wife dropped the net due to shitty provider and us having crackberries. So I'll try to upload logo ideas later.

One thing I would like to see in the future is an "active topics" in header. Sucks having to hit Home and then back to active topics.

Also, one thing I like about SSM, if a topic is several pages long, there is an option to "view all".

If we could incorporate some of those things, that'd be cool.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby Spicoli » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

On pirate4x4 they have a handy forum if your in the right place, its kind of a local forum set up but if people are making trips and they have extra room on a truck/trailer they post up and say hey I'm going from A to B have a trailer that will be empty on the way there blah blah. Could be awesome if you were in the right spot w/ the right folks. Tho as small as this forum is probly not worth it.....
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby villacorta32 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 am

sweet!
villacorta32
VIP
VIP

Postby 4g63mightymax » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm not sure if this has come up yet or not, but one thing that I loved about mightyd50 was the screen that showed the most recent posts in order from newest to oldest. That way you didnt need to go through all the different areas to see if anything was new for the day. It was all right there in your face. That was probably my favorite feature on any forum I have been on.
...and thats my 2 cents for the day :)

-Jeremy
4g63mightymax

Postby MightyMax » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:57 am

im a complete newbie, so from someone just stubling onto the site and trying to get used to the setup, i noticed tah ti never know when someone has replied to a post or not, or ill forget which ones ive posted on and never hear a response. if you could find a way for the dumbies like myself to have that info readily available somewhere on the main page or a longer list or most recently posted threads. it would help
the starting line-up
MightyMax
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6

Next

Return to General Talk