What did you do to your truck today?

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Postby Spicoli » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Put fenders, hood, bumper, grill, headlights, cd player, new (to me) alpine door speakers, put my techademiks STREET RACING IS NOT A CRIME bumper sticker on gotta have it for this hot rod, chrome marker lights, and thats it I think

Waiting on nuts for my header gotta put my stock one back on till i get hte new aftermarket fixed, bolts for intake adapeter, figure out as to why my front left turnsignal isnt working and get some new exhaust bent up thinking 2.25 till the muffler then 2.5 rest the way and of course the muffler will be at about the axle im guessing
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby MMaxx94 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 am

[yesterday] i got her started and fixed the door popper on the driver side.. and while working on it a guy stopped by to see if it was for sale! he was dead set on buying that truck! but no way can i let her go... he woulda given $2000 cash on the spot lol.

good part? it gave me a good kick in the ass to get her fixed.. AND the guy told me whats wrong with the motor! lol he had owned a MM previously and had the same noise.. it was the lower belt to the oil pump... so he helped me WAYY more than i helped him.. lol he was dissapointed.. gave me his number for 'in case i would change my mind about selling'...
94 Max
<Under ConsTrucKtion>

00 Dakota 4X4
V8 Magnum Mud toy =)

04 Mustang [DD]
true dual exhaust, rims, custom audio & interior, lowering springs

http://www.myspace.com/XoStangBabyXo [add mee]
MMaxx94

Postby 4doorciv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Glad you have a direction now.

In the process of doing a boost leak test. Yesterday didn't finish. Gotta set to tdc first :think:
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Spicoli » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:43 pm

MMaxx94 wrote:[yesterday] i got her started and fixed the door popper on the driver side.. and while working on it a guy stopped by to see if it was for sale! he was dead set on buying that truck! but no way can i let her go... he woulda given $2000 cash on the spot lol.

good part? it gave me a good kick in the ass to get her fixed.. AND the guy told me whats wrong with the motor! lol he had owned a MM previously and had the same noise.. it was the lower belt to the oil pump... so he helped me WAYY more than i helped him.. lol he was dissapointed.. gave me his number for 'in case i would change my mind about selling'...

He just gave ya his number tryin to pick ya up Duls :lol:
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 am

OCD kicked in again and I painted my valve cover. Don't like red so now its Ford Blue! Pics on myspace since I can't upload pics off my crackberry!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby MMaxx94 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 am

HAHA.. that would be funny.. but my boyfriend was there.. and he thought it was his truck at first...

oh well.. the truck looks better than me anyway so i understand...lol

Spicoli wrote:
MMaxx94 wrote:[yesterday] i got her started and fixed the door popper on the driver side.. and while working on it a guy stopped by to see if it was for sale! he was dead set on buying that truck! but no way can i let her go... he woulda given $2000 cash on the spot lol.

He just gave ya his number tryin to pick ya up Duls :lol:
MMaxx94

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 am

What kind of paint you using for paint the valve cover?
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Engine paint. However it'll all be chipped by the time the motor enters the truck for the final time! So who knows what color it'll end up being! But Jamie's 88Tank is my motivation so I'll never be satisfied!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby LethalEthan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Regular krylon spray paint will hold up fine for valve covers. We painted mine months ago still looks as good as when we first did it. Holds up to oil pretty well too. Just use a bit of wax every once in a while to clean it up.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Yeah, should have let mine sit in the sun and really bake. Sprayed it late yesterday evening and put it on around dinner time. chipping a little where I tightened down the bolts.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk