What did you do to your truck today?

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Postby LethalEthan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 am

My addco rear sway bar is supposed to come today. Hopefully I'll have some pics once I get it on

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby LethalEthan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby Anthony4G93 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:04 pm

LethalEthan wrote:Image

looks super nice and clean... btw what shocks are those cause I lowered my MM and the oem shocks are too streched out
FIRST GOD MADE THE WORLD... THEN HE MADE MITSUBISHI :)
Anthony4G93
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby LethalEthan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 pm

thanks. The shocks are toxic drop shocks. Everyone I had ever talked to about them before owning a set said they were way to stiff. But I have them on all 4 corners and as low as it is, it rides like stock.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby wrngwae » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 am

looking good "E" but you better get a spare under there,,,,,,,,lol must be nice to not live in the rust belt..........
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3

Postby LethalEthan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

a spare wouldn't do me much good tye. trying to get a jack under it with a flat tire on the side of the road would be nearly impossible. and yes, it is awesome not living in the rust belt. Also not having snow at all. But don't forget i live on an island i'm surrounded by nothing but salt water. You got rust, I got humidity and massive amounts of mosquitoes.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 am

Scored a 93 mightymax grill at the junkyard on monday. It was painted black and gray. I want to see if I can remove the paint and see if it has the chrome look under the paint. If not, then I'll repaint it flat black or acrylic black. I found a total of 4 mightymax/d50 truck in the junk yard, and they were all pretty much bare. Might go back for a bed though.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Ram50man » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:10 am

Gutted my Cat, need to track down why my engine runs funny. Did a rebuild on it 200 miles ago, and ever since it hasnt quite ran right. I did replace the stock air cleaner with a aftermarket chrome circular one, so maybe it has something to do with the Hot/Cold air switch not being used anymore... It idles funny now, i got the carb tuned as good as i could get it, with out a tach or anyway to monitor the A/F ratio.... Stays idle now at both hot and cold temps, just seems to sound funny sometimes now. For some reason now, it loves to run at way higher RPM's then it use to... i get the best performance out of her at what sounds like is around 5 or 6K RPM.... (No Tach, not sure actual RPM's) Maybe i was just so use to driving it with no compression due to worn rings and cracked head, and now its actually running right!... lol
89 Ram 50, 2.0L, 2WD, 5 SPD Man., Reg Cab.
Ram50man

Engine Size: 2.0L

Postby Ram50man » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 am

I guess I will have to double post, since no one is adding anything new, and its a different day, and i actually did something else to my truck!
Nothing major, the previous owner of my truck had the CD Player installed all funny and ghetto, he had the install kit screwed into the outer bezel around the stereo, so the CD player stuck out like 3 inches from the front of the dash, and was cockeyed, since he mounted the thing with sheet metal screws right into the front of the dash! So i pulled everything out, removed the factory bezel from the stereo and around the heater/ac controls, fixed it since it was completely destroyed from previous owner trying to wedge an entire mount kit into the obviously smaller opening of the bezel, then i removed his ghetto mount kit, painted the factory bezel, put it back on, then mounted the CD player correctly into the dash (wich oddly mounted right in, no kit needed!) So now my cd player is flush with the dash, and sits straight!
89 Ram 50, 2.0L, 2WD, 5 SPD Man., Reg Cab.
Ram50man

Engine Size: 2.0L

Postby Anthony4G93 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I finally got my L200 emblems by mail today :)
FIRST GOD MADE THE WORLD... THEN HE MADE MITSUBISHI :)
Anthony4G93
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk