Selling off the MAX, Trans went.

A place to talk all things truck related.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Selling off the MAX, Trans went.

Postby Sledgehammer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm

So over the last few months my Wife Doni has been very ill. Betwen that and running my company I just don't have the time or cash (read medical bills) to repair the Max. I would store it but I don't want to have it turn into one of those "someday" jobs. So the best thing is to let it go. I would like to see someone buy it complete, but will sell off parts till the people next door bitch to much about a 'eye-sore' :lol:
It's a 1986 4X4, all works except for the locked up 5 speed. Engine runs strong.
Never shipped parts before, but willing to do so.

John W.
Location is Washington State.
1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4 Wheel Drive
Sledgehammer

Re: Selling off the MAX, Trans went.

Postby 4cylinders » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 am

hey, before you get too serious. check out the shifter, those are known to stick in two gears. could be a very simple repair. it's worth a lot more running.
4cylinders

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Postby mikewarme » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Yeah he is right. It wont bring any money if its broke
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby Sledgehammer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am

So hey guys, thought I would see whats up.

So first off, my Wife Doni is makeing a full recovery from her illness :clap: . Docs still cant say what was wrong. But we prayed alot :pray: , And went with what seemed to make her better. Still bugs me that they dont know what caused her illness, but better to be happy she's better.

As for the Max, I deceided that I would keep it. Did alot of work on it before it went down. Right now the engine trans and transfer caes are in the garage. Going to open the trans and see what it looks like and go from there. It's just been to good a truck to let go. Will be back on the board more often now that things are smoothing out.

John W.
1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4 Wheel Drive
Sledgehammer

Return to General Talk