Re: Head, gasket, and bolts

Postby mikewarme » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Don't be a tight wad ZAk. Buy it let me know ill buy one too
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby muzak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm

OH YEAH, after sinking 20 G's into this thing ya think I'magonna stop now (lol), or go with anything less than an OEM quality piece? :mrgreen:

Had an interesting chat with my machinist where he thinks porting this head is a waste with as little aluminum there is, unless the valve size was increased. I did the manifold by hand and the turbo and that seemed to help quite a lot, but the compression may have just been too much. Nobody had put the TD04-10T on the 2.3 liter head and I knew it was a risk. Not that blowing an oil filter didn't likely finish off a 2x machined head already.

But I'll be happy when I get an Eclipse intercooler in there with the new head, and maybe water injection soon too. I tried running Lp but in between twice blowing the solenoid because of electrical malfunctions and the little power increase I got I gave that up, it seemed a real waste, water injection would be much more beneficial in reducing coking though and keeping the whole head cooler.
muzak
VIP
VIP

Postby greasyglass » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 pm

please post updates about the water injection im curious to see what results you get and how
greasyglass

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Previous

Return to Head & Block.