Balance shaft (silent shaft)

Balance shaft (silent shaft)

Postby Bryce4812 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:00 am

Hi, i just recently purchased a 1985 mitsubishi mighty max with the 4d55t in it. I bought the truck as a non runner and it has 155,000 miles on it. When i took the front timing cover off i noticed that the balance shaft belt tensioner had failed. This made me decide to look over the bottom end. I was able to download a manual over the internet but it doesnt give me certain measurements. I was wondering if anyone has the MIC specs for the balance shaft? I want to make sure everything is within spec before i reassemble. Also does anyone know what normal oil pressure is at idle in psi? I came to find out later after i bought the truck that the oil pressure was at 5 psi for awhile at idle when it did run. Could the balance shaft belt being broken cause this? Thank you for your help
Bryce4812

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Re: Balance shaft (silent shaft)

Postby mikewarme » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:01 am

Believe me overhaul the motor. The belt has ZERO to do with it. Take it apart for evaluation. Im going away for the weekend contact me after Monday if you want to talk. 818 268 3012 I do these all the time as a Hobby
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Return to Head & Block.