starting problem

starting problem

Postby wedwards » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:02 pm

1993 mm 2.4 efi automatic trans. the problemm is i can jump the silinoid and it will turn over,WILLNOT turn over by the key. i got power every where, so i think it electrical somewhere. the shfter linkage bushing is missing(comming in mail)so mabye there is a saftey switch ? any ideas :think:
wedwards
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Re: starting problem

Postby pennyman1 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:54 pm

There is a neutral safety switch attached to the shifter linkage somewhere; I am not sure where on an 88 up because I never had any problems with my 88 ext cab
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 pm

I know on a first gen there is a plug under the passanger seat that can come unpluged and the key wont work but you can bump start it. On a FI engine lots of cars have a little box that when a car takes a jolt the the fuel system will shut down. My ford has one on the passanger side bekind the kick panle. I had a front tire blow out and it trigerd it. Had to pull off the panle and push the button to reset it. It would crank but no fire.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby wedwards » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 pm

i got it all going it was the linkage. now in the morning or after sitting the day it starts hard, at least two turns on the key and the idle goes up and down 800-1100. the vacuum is good.I put in new fuel pump and filter and does vacuum___ look rite i thaut it was vacume____ mabye i dont spell so good
wedwards
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Return to Charging & Starting.