New From Nevada

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

New From Nevada

Postby soberchargerfan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:30 pm

hey im John. I own a 1986 Dodge Ram 50, its nothing special just a 4 banger 2 wheel drive, completely stock. Im wanting to replace the 2.0 with a small block 304, i have seen it done, but i know that i have to change the rear and tranny, because finding an adapt kit for a 304 to the little dana 19 tranny, will be difficult. But im new to this scene, i was into the off-road scene for a long time, but im moving to cali, so i need something more appropriate. Thanks for looking
soberchargerfan

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1986

Re: New From Nevada

Postby camoit » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Where are you in Nevada? We have members all over the place.

Welcome to the site. If you or any body has a problem with a member or parts of the site please feel free to contact us and we will take care of the problem as quickly as we can.
Thank you.
The staff of
Mightyram50.com
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby soberchargerfan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:27 am

I was from Gardnerville nevada, which is an hour south of reno. But i just recently moved to Oroville, CA. Im still trying to find an affordable adapter plate for my 304, but nobody has the range that i need. so if im thinking about spending the money, what tranny would you guys suggest? its a chevy 304 and i have a stock tranny and stock rear, i heard that you can have the stock rear with a 304, but it won't hold up (unless you beef it up) but still i want something that i won't have to worry about breaking.

so maybe i can get some kind of suggestion, im a sitting duck right now with my truck.
soberchargerfan

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1986

Postby Josh2g » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 am

Welcome! I would say keep the stock tranny, it should be a turbo 350 trans right? If so deffinantly keep that. Your best bet as far as a rear end is a Ford 8.8 it bolts right up to the leaf springs, you would probably need a custom driveshaft though. Good luck with the build and keep us updated.
Josh2g
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Return to Newbies