Hey... New here from Sunny Southwest Florida

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Hey... New here from Sunny Southwest Florida

Postby wabbitsram50 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Glad I came across this site. Only after the fact I bought a carb from autozone 2 yrs ago... Yep ya guessed it.... Biggest $400 mistake I ever made. Well carb is shot now. Just ordered a Weber last night. Decided togo with the 34.... Was in my price range.... I did post yesterday to ask how hard it was to replace carb. Was told its easy. But I am just confused all about the Jet Valves........I did get the conversion kit. IS there anything else I hae to get to get the conversion done? I have a manual fuel pump on the block. Its only a 2.0. Only has 96K miles on it. And a 5-speed.
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion Van
1997 Dodge Neon Sport
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport
1989 Dodge Ram 50 2.0
wabbitsram50
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Hey... New here from Sunny Southwest Florida

Postby pennyman1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Change over to an electric fuel pump - the manual pump will overpressure the weber. Mount the electric pump back by the tank after the fuel filter and use an oil pressure safety switch to prevent the pump from running when the motor stops running. I will look for the post on how to hook up the pump electrically for you.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Electric fuel pumps should be mounted with in 1 foot of fuel line leingth of the tank. They push better then they pull.

Welcome to the site. If you or any body has a problem with a member or parts of the site please feel free to contact us and we will take care of the problem as quickly as we can.
Thank you.
The staff of
Mightyram50.com
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby wabbitsram50 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks for the input. The thread on how o install he electric fuel pump would be great. I read somewhere on how to disable the manual fuel pump. Also is there a recommended fuel pump to use? one that I can get for cheap @ autozone or Advance auto parts. I am sorry for being such a rookie. But my experience has been with VW's when I lved overseas.
1997 Dodge Neon Sport
1989 Dodge Ram 50 2.0
wabbitsram50
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

I just gave the dude at Pep Boys my year make and model. They looked it up. Mine was 10 psi.

Welcome to the site. Membership has it's advantages. As a member of the MightyRam50 site you can now recive Free Internet Radio.
This Radio Station is compleatly under our control. It is under construction but it is working.
Give it a try. We play everything. Here is a link to the information on the station. http://mightyram50.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1510
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby wabbitsram50 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Instead of using an oil pessure switch is it also possible to use a toggle switch mounted on the dash? I mean WOW after reading all theses pots about weber's I'm a little concerned of putting one on mine. I only have one day to do it. So I have to get it right the first time. So would be happy to get feedback from all those who have done the conversion. As I had posted before I bought the entire kit from www.webercarbsdirect.com The kit arrived yesterday. So feedback would be great from all those who learned thru trial and error! Thanks guys. Also as I have stated before I'm glad I found this site and I do love my little truck. Best truck I've ever owned.
1997 Dodge Neon Sport
1989 Dodge Ram 50 2.0
wabbitsram50
VIP
VIP

Return to Newbies