New From SoCal

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

New From SoCal

Postby Toua » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Hello everyone. I don't have a mighty max or Ram yet. I am looking for a small pickup and found that these came with diesel. That's what I want. I will be going to school this Jan. and won't be working. So I don't have a lot of money right now. I was searching online and notice members here saying that these weren't too much. I'm looking at getting a '83 diesel with the non wastegated turbo. I was gonna use that for a project I have, and mod that bigger turbo onto the truck. So hopefully I can find something I can afford ATM.

A little about me, I live in San Pedro, CA. Have a wife and 2 kids. And am in the CA Army National Guard (I posted more info in the Vet's section). Have been working on cars for 15 years now. Went to auto body school, learned motors from friends, and learned diesels from Coast Guard mechanic school. Hope to get as much info on these trucks as needed from here.
Toua

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Re: New From SoCal

Postby wrngwae » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 am

if your in cali,you need to speak with mikewarme he is the resident diesel head here.lol just ask him....lol but seriously. if your considering a diesel get ready for some sparse parts and alot of cussing. but in my opinion they are very fun and nostalgic....just my 2 cents.
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby camoit » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 pm

And they will run full throttle all day!!!!!!

Welcome to the site. Membership has it's advantages. As a member of the MightyRam50 site you can now recive Free Internet Radio.
This Radio Station is compleatly under our control. It is under construction but it is working.
Give it a try. We play everything. Here is a link to the information on the station. http://mightyram50.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1510
If you or any body has a problem with a member or parts of the site please feel free to contact us and we will take care of the problem as quickly as we can.
Thank you.
The staff of
Mightyram50.com
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome to the website. Lots of info here and Knowledgeable guys around. We do have a section where people are selling some things as well as trucks and might find one in your area or consider some vacation to drive and pick it up. These trucks are fun to tinker with as well as swap some stuff tomake things easier to work on.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Toua » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I am, and have been looking around for one. I've seen a few gas ones, but would like a diesel (it will be my new adventure of automotive hobbying). Will keep my eyes open and hopefully find one close to me.
Toua

Postby mikewarme » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm

They exist here buddy. Craigslist. Let me know if you need a 2nd opinion!

Mike (MR 4d55)
mikewarme

Postby trevor w » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 am

new from san diego have 83 black 2wd with turbo diesel decals like it alot. ran 70+ up thegrapevine 2 weekends ago but blew oil out the valve cover vent. i tried to make catch can, but im not fond of mickymouse fixes. thought a head gasket would handle it.until shop found crack under prechamber 2+3. anyway engine is out on stand and im going for the whole nine. suggestions on what is best place for parts appreciated. thanks.
trevor w

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Welcome to the site. You didn't want to make a new thread instead of making an introduction in another members thread? You can also start a build thread in the diesel section. Keep us posted on what how much your spending and where your sourcing your parts. I know some members on here have the diesel trucks and I'm sure they might need help finding parts or would like to know how much a rebuild would cost. We also have members with valuable working used parts.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Return to Newbies