Back in a Max

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Back in a Max

Postby blindeyed » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey guys, name is Jason! Excited to be back in another MM. Sold my last one to crvtec90 so he could use it for parts, you can check out his build thread here:
jax-turbo-max-t1168.html

Just picked up another one a few days ago. Ironically enough, it's the same model year and everything. 1995 2.4L 5-speed. This one has about 164k miles, where as the old one had about 220k. Main differences between this one and the old one is this one has a rear aftermarket bumper, and it also has power steering! I was so stoked about that! Didn't intend on buying another MM, was aiming for a Toyota or Nissan. Couldn't find any in my price range, got frustrated and posted a wanted ad on Craigslist stating what kind of truck I was looking for. Not even an hour later, a guy calls me saying he has the exact year make model truck that I just got rid of. Got so excited, went to look at it that night and bought it on the spot.

The old one, image courtesy of crvtec90

And the new one:

Makes me glad I saved some old parts off the last truck. Just swapped out the grill for my other one, the corner lights, got some fog lights to add and my vent visors. Already put the bed cover on too. The body on this one is in alot better shape than the last one. No patched sunroof, no dings and dents aside from a few small minor ones. Unfortunately, the previous owner used it to advertise his business. For some reason, he rolled on some paint.. yeah, rolled. Looks like crap. Over time I plan on sanding down the body and getting some fresh primer on it after that, and possibly maybe get a cheap maaco paint job down the road. First thing I gotta do is get a new back glass. There's about 2 layers of tint on it, and the previous owners business logo, along with a Harley Davidson logo, were "etched" into the glass.

I think the greatest thing about this truck, is that it came with the original owners manuals. I planned getting those copied into a PDF for you guys once I get some time to do so. I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days.
blindeyed
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1995

Re: Back in a Max

Postby mikewarme » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Welcome to the forum!
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm glad you found another truck to keep you on this fourm. And maybe stay a little more active. :p Hope things goes well with this one and you'll end up loving it and keeping it. :)
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby blindeyed » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate having forums like this for any vehicle I own. I wouldn't know squat about cars if it weren't for them. So I'll try my best to contribute as much as I can.

Got alot of plans for this truck. Mostly just cosmetic stuff, performance wise, it's perfectly fine being that it's just a daily driver. Unfortunately, looks like one of the first things I need to get on top of is replacing the studs on all the wheels. Don't know why these things break off so easily. Had to do this to the last truck as well. There's only a few broken off, but I'd like to just replace them all while I'm at it.
blindeyed
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Well, replacing em is supper easy ans really fast. None of mine were broken but like two were cross threaded from the previous owner. Good thing I got lots of tools like a tap and die set.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Postby blindeyed » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah they're definitely more of an annoyance than they are a challenge. I just cringe at doing them 'cause when I did it on the last truck, I smashed my finger while trying to put the drum cover back on. Cracked my nail in half, and bled like crazy. I need to eventually get myself a tap and die set, those things come in handy, that's for sure.
blindeyed
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:02 pm

I used my tap and die set multiple times on the truck. Inside as well as outside the truck. Like the turbo, tailgate, misc nut and bolts around the chassis really. Sorry to hear you smashed your finger. Didn't notice till just now you have the same broken left front marker light broken. Looks a bit coincidental. lol.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Postby blindeyed » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Seriously, that was the first thing I noticed. :doh:
What are the odds? 2 different trucks, the same smashed drivers side corner light. Unfortunately the mounting plate behind it also got smashed in a bit. Pried it out the best I could, but the new corner light I put in still sits a little crooked. No where near as bad though. Still gotta throw my fog lights on the bumper and put my vent visors back on and I'll try to have some new pix by Wednesday or Thursday.
blindeyed
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Haha. well, maybe a hammer can fix it. Maybe the fender just needs to be pushed in a bit. Got a recent pic of the marker light? A little curious about the fog lights. Had some on my civic and need some for the truck. Hids don't really cut through the water on the road as good as yellow lights do.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Hay blindeye.
Please contact me. I sent you an email and a pm with the number on it.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Next

Return to Newbies