My first Mighty Max

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

My first Mighty Max

Postby gcjoe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey guys... Great forum. I just bought a 88 Mighty Max. Bought it for a cheap commuter truck, but I've fallen in love with it... Will be doing a little tlc work to it... It runs great but looks a little rough & leaks some oil. Gotta figure out where that's coming from... Rear main possibly.
gcjoe

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Re: My first Mighty Max

Postby 4doorciv » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Welcome to the board. Glad to hear you love your truck. Our trucks are great commuters from a to b, as well as hauling stuff around. A few guys here test the limits of the hauling capability. These trucks may lack the aftermarket support but we can however use some parts off of other trucks that they do. A lot of guys have done a few things out of the ordinary like conversions, swap the motor out for more power, air bag suspension front and rear, as well as lifting and turning it into an off road beast. Take a look around.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: My first Mighty Max

Postby pennyman1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Try changing the valve cover gasket - they leak down the back of the block and down the tranny looking like a rear main leak.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Return to Newbies