Noob from Chitown

A place to introduce yourself and get aquainted with the other members.
Come on in, we don't bite!
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: Noob from Chitown

Postby boostin240 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Dunno yet.... first we gotta locate the engine, we have a potential candidate.
boostin240

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby boostin240 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Some pics of how it sits:

And finally we found a perfect swap candidate. Will need some work, but its getting diassembled and dropped off at the machine shop probably tomorrow.

boostin240

Postby boostin240 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am

Bumpin an old thread, havent been on here in a while. Actually alot has changed since the last time I was on here. The truck was put off on hold because I got involved in some other proejcts as well as I managed to open up a performance shop out here in Chicago. Actually its located just a few miles west in Addison IL. We specialize in Turbocharged Imports but work on just about anything that comes our way.

Regardless, my truck build has been on hold because I have been swapping a 1JZGTE engine from a MKIII Supra / Toyota Soarer into my 1995 Nissan 240SX. Also with the shop most of my time, energy and money has been going towards expanding it thus the truck was left behind. However last week I towed it over to the shop and for the time being we will be rebuilding the carburetor just to get it running allright on its own. Then once my tax return comes ill use the money towards getting the parts needed for the swap.

Funny enough we are building a 4G63 powered 1977 Toyota Celica and its coming together quite well.
boostin240

Previous

Return to Newbies