SOHC swap...

SOHC swap...

Postby Mighty6 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:06 am

Just curious... i know what it takes to go from SOHC to DOHC... but what about backwards? I want the SOHC cause i hear out trannies dont like the higher revs (i'd agree) and because i want the lower end torque from a SOHC. Im having a hard time finding a decent priced engine. I ether want a turbo block, or a SOHC and i cant find any! I can pick up the DOHC n/a's all day; and have a SOHC in my posession (broken tho) to do such a frakenstein if possible. :dance:

So i found a nice DOHC 6g72; but was curious if i could swap on my SOHC from my 6g72.. if my heads good still (yet to crack it open to see WTF). Cause then i can run a simple N/A Turbo swap where the hardest part would be the oil pan! As it needs drilled and tapped cause TT pans dont fit... Kidding; im keeping it N/A. Maybe MAYBE; throw a supercharger on; but i doubt i'll find a stock unit at a decent price...

Anyone able to shed some light for me? And trust me, Tried 3si, florida3s, turbododge; ect ect. I can Turbo a NA, and do a DOHC swap now... but cant find anything on DOHC to SOHC other then "Why would you do such a thing... your stupid".

My goal is a 6g72 N/A with 74 cams and a few other tweaks and such to try and pull more low end out of her... :dance:
Mighty6

Engine Size: 6G72
What year vehicle do you own?: 1994

Return to General Questions.