2.4l differences

2.4l differences

Postby DavetheDude » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm looking for a 2.4 to put in one of my pu's and notice that there is some difference between the engines after 92. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the pre 92 and after. I know that the computer is different but don't know of any thing else.
DavetheDude
VIP
VIP

Re: 2.4l differences

Postby Steveo1987 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am

In 1992 1/2 like most mitsu products the 2.4L changed from a 6 bolt crank to a 7 bolt crank i have interchanged these motors as long as you use your flywheel and clutch for the engine you buy it will work, however when i have done this it seems like the clutch is always way out of adjustment so the depth of the bell housing must be different, or the thickness of the flywheel is different, but i have made it work by adjusting the clutch cable. as far as an automatic goes i have not experianced that interchange. hope that helps
Steveo1987

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Re: 2.4l differences

Postby mxmikie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Steveo1987 wrote:In 1992 1/2 like most mitsu products the 2.4L changed from a 6 bolt crank to a 7 bolt crank i have interchanged these motors as long as you use your flywheel and clutch for the engine you buy it will work, however when i have done this it seems like the clutch is always way out of adjustment so the depth of the bell housing must be different, or the thickness of the flywheel is different, but i have made it work by adjusting the clutch cable. as far as an automatic goes i have not experianced that interchange. hope that helps

so how did you bolt a 6 bolt flywheel to a 7 bolt crank ?????
mxmikie

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Return to General Questions.