Steering V box

This is the place to show the strange and cool things you found wile looking for something completely different.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Steering V box

Postby camoit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Look at what I found. Steering V box. It's found on Nissan Mini Vans. The rack and pinion has a forward facing pinion. They use a V box to get the steering column to the front of the car then down to the rack. I just thought I would put this up here for people to see and if they have somthing that they might have a need for. You can get them at the recyclerers. They have a 1 to 1 ratio.

Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Re: Steering V box

Postby TotallyBalistic » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:24 pm

thats pretty neat.. thats gonna help me if i ever get around to the rack n pinion steering in my macro cab. thanks camoit
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Re: Steering V box

Postby camoit » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:29 pm

If I would have found it eary enough I would have gone with a Howe Rack and Pinion for the build. They build the best. Pricy but worth it. Now I need to use a sterring quickener and adjustable PSI power steering pump to get the same afect.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Return to Look What I Found