88 mitsubishi rebuild?

Re: 88 mitsubishi rebuild?

Postby mikewarme » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:00 pm

ipods.rocks wrote:a compleate rebuilt ATK engine?what does that mean? and, i m not going to be doing anything to this truck as of now, cuase, i have limited amounts of time, and money (im a pizza delivery driver(so i beat the sh*t out of my truck almost every night)) and i can just take my truck apart, becuase i work every other night, so i dont have much time to do anything

Beating the shit out of it won't help it. In fact most engines end of throwing a rod or self destructing due to such high mileage. Eventually something will blow with all the wear and excessive clearance in the bearings. Also your oil pressure will be lost due to excessive clearances and finally it will blow. So my 2 cents says rebuilt it sooner than later.
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Re: 88 mitsubishi rebuild?

Postby Leadfoot » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 am

Someone mentioned water to clear out carbon..... I thought that was a no-no on cars equipped with catalytic converters (used to be very popular in the 50's and 60's though). ATF is what I was told to use, and yes I KNOW water is a byproduct of combustion so there is water vapor in the exhaust anyways but not in large quantity, but this is what a competent mechanic told me. He also stated it was how they used to "break up" cats from the inside.....

My .02 for what it's worth....
Leadfoot
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Previous

Return to Rebuilding.