2 LINK

2 LINK

Postby mightymax 1990 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:54 pm

THOSE ANYBODY RUN A 2 LINK SET UP ON THERE TRUCKS IF SO COULD U POST PICS
mightymax 1990

Re: 2 LINK

Postby Spicoli » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I dont think any one even on MD50 had a 2 link........
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby mightymax 1990 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 pm

ya a few ppl did i just dont remmeber there names
mightymax 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:24 am

You could go cheap route and use the front leaf spring hanger! We built a super cheap S10 project where we cut the eyes off the leaf spring, notched some square tubing and welded eye onto it. Then bolted rearend down with U bolts. For a locator bar, we ran a track bar.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby mightymax 1990 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:11 pm

YA IVE HEARD OF few ppl doing that i got a 4 link but when i was doing the measurments they r too short cause i was going to build a crossmembers right behind the cab and run the links off of that but the links r not long enough wanted to c some pics of some one using a 2 link setup i got a guy who can make the links for me just not sure
mightymax 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49 pm

You can probably use the heim joints/bushings on the end of you 2 link bars. We've used 2x2 in the past. Long u bolts on the axle side. 2 link length will depend on your driveshaft. But you shouldn't need a ton of lift back there man. As far as a locator bar, I'd use a track bar. Basically it will be tabbed and bolted from the axle end of one bar up to the joint end of the other bar. I don't have any pics of my Rangers old set up or my brother "El Cheapo" S10.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby mightymax 1990 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Report this postReply with quoteRe: 2 LINK
by Johnboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

You can probably use the heim joints/bushings on the end of you 2 link bars. We've used 2x2 in the past. Long u bolts on the axle side. 2 link length will depend on your driveshaft. But you shouldn't need a ton of lift back there man. As far as a locator bar, I'd use a track bar. Basically it will be tabbed and bolted from the axle end of one bar up to the joint end of the other bar. I don't have any pics of my Rangers old set up or my brother "El Cheapo" S10

iam going to try to do something i can get the metal all day long at work ill make up some proto types c what works wish u had some pic's of your set up's going to try to do my own a-arm's also been seen a lot of pics and diffrent ways of doing them so iam going to try to build my own
mightymax 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Where are you located? Wish I had more access to metal!

I'd try searching streetsourcemag.com. I'm sure 2 links have been covered many times. Just ignore the bullshit cause there is some assholes on that site. I would suggest a triangulated four link. Can't throw side to side on a 2 link. After a couple of times, I broke my trackbar.

As far as the control arms, make a jig using the stock ones and go from there. Seth from Twistminis.com is a fabricating genius! You can also search streetsourcemag to find control arms too. Dallas Hot Rod Parts made mine and they work great!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby LethalEthan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:00 pm

What ever happened with your control arms john? Did you get the lowers and uppers?

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby Johnboy72 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Yeah, got them. I have to find some longer bolts but have LF done and have to find time to do RF. No access to welder now.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Next

Return to Genral Questions.