Bag lift size, diameter, and 4 link setup...

Bag lift size, diameter, and 4 link setup...

Postby denraweb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm

So I had a few quick questions.

1) Will 10.5" extended for 2500lbs bags and 12" extended for 2600lbs bags be too much of a lift for a mighty max?

2) Will 6.5" diamter for 2500lbs bags and 7.5" for 2600lbs bags be a good fit for a mighty max?

3) If I remove everything (bed, gas tank, crossmember, etc.), leave the leaf springs at stock height, put the wheels back on, and set the truck on level ground, could I just weld up my 4 link at that point to give me a correct pinion angle?
denraweb

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Re: Bag lift size, diameter, and 4 link setup...

Postby Spicoli » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Depends upon what kind of travel your getting out of your suspension before you put the bags on.

Dunno

Depends what heighth your gonna drive it at I'd say but dont really know how they decide that on trucks with adjustable suspension
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby denraweb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Spicoli wrote:Depends upon what kind of travel your getting out of your suspension before you put the bags on.

Dunno

Depends what heighth your gonna drive it at I'd say but dont really know how they decide that on trucks with adjustable suspension

Well I know theres some kits out there that add a computer/module and can air up your bags to a preset ride height. But anyways, when I'm just driving around I'm gonna be pretty much near stock height. But i wanna be able to get as high as possible, while still be able to lay frame.

Really I just want to know if theres anything wrong with having bags that go this high.
denraweb

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Postby pennyman1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 pm

The main limiting factors are the upper limit on the front suspension and shock length all around. the longer the shock, the higher the lift. the down side with longer shocks is that they will bottom out sooner.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby 92slammedmitsu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 pm

a re6 slam bag will max the front suspension out at 100psi and in the back you always want to put the truck on jack stands and set the correct pinion at the height you will be driving the most...and that is -/+ 3degrees oppisite the trannys pinion
92slammedmitsu

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Return to Genral Questions.