My mighty dodge 85 Ram 50 2.3 Turbo Diesel

Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

My mighty dodge 85 Ram 50 2.3 Turbo Diesel

Postby BCDieselD50 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Been meaning to throw these pics up for awhile.. had a accident at work, and been outa commission for a while but here they areSo goes the title, its a 1985 Dodge ram 50, with a Mits. 2.3L turbo diesel. Bought the truck from a farmer last spring for 700$ Flatdecked it back to kelowna, the thing barly ran and was covered in rust. all was stock with the exception of a beefed up rear bumper, anyhow went over the truck the motor problems ended up being a clogged up fuel filter. i figured while i was in the rebuild process id rebuild the turbo, being as it was speewing oil. after that it was just body work and making it trail and road worthy, took me most of the summer and alot of blood, sweat and beers but things came together in the end.after the body work n stuff, i ended up crankin the torsions,3 inch BL, and sat it on a set of 32's sourced from a local pawn shop. also ran it straight pipe to a 3 and a half inch stack. also running a 1000w rockford 12' via my getto try of a blow thru setup but it work and sounds crazy,any way its still a work in progress hope ya enjoy! cheers
-Matt
BCDieselD50

Re: My mighty dodge 85 Ram 50 2.3 Turbo Diesel

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Looks great man. Like a back from the dead thing going.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Spicoli » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 am

I need to find a decent first gen again, just cant beat the looks of em when there lifted or dropped. But need a FI set up and lots of ponies. Nice lookin rig!!!!!
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby BCDieselD50 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 am

back from the dead is right lol :dance: was pretty funny, i ran into the farmer i bought it from at the local picknpull and his jaw just dropped, he figured the motor was beyond repair, hence the low price, so i showed him over the rebuilt truck, i could tell he was a bit pissed but w.e. Hes the moron that didnt check simple things like filters n such, his loss my gain!
BCDieselD50

Postby prospect » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:27 pm

BCDieselD50 wrote:back from the dead is right lol :dance: was pretty funny, i ran into the farmer i bought it from at the local picknpull and his jaw just dropped, he figured the motor was beyond repair, hence the low price, so i showed him over the rebuilt truck, i could tell he was a bit pissed but w.e. Hes the moron that didnt check simple things like filters n such, his loss my gain!

Sounds like the deal I got, I just swapped out the pickup inside the dizzy and it started right up.

Looks like a fun truck.
prospect

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Postby wrngwae » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 pm

i miss my P.U.!!!!!!!!!!!!but i like the raider tho the whole family can ride with me too. how does your alternator like all those lights???????? i need to upgrade mine just for the factory raider componenets.
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby BCDieselD50 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:34 pm

no problems with the stock alt. im runnin dual batterys so maybe thats why... aside from the 4 lights in the front i have 2 in the back, a hand held spot light, 1000w amp with a 1000w rockford punch, with every thing running there dosent seem to be strain on alt.. my guess is that being a diesel motor that has next to no draw once running, the charging system can handle it, who knows... The truck is so much fun, crawls nice off road, my fav part is the fuel mileage....... this is my first diesel and i tell ya, i highly doubt ill ever buy another gas pot again, a fill up is around 40 bucks and dam near lasts me a month, if driven nicely....
BCDieselD50

Postby Spicoli » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Pics of dual battery system? Got one in/under the bed and one under the hood?
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby TotallyBalistic » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

nice truck man im jealous i want another street legal 4x4
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Postby BCDieselD50 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 pm

wish i could snap a pic but sadly chunks of my new cam are stuck in the treads of my rear wheel........... the one is in the stock spot under the bed and the other is above it in the box sealed in a plastic bucket strapped down with bungies lol, was ment to be temp. but iv been too lazy to chip out the ice and snow and weld my fabbed batt box in, im headed to my old mans shop in a couple weeks so ill do it then and get a couple pics for ya.
Cheers-
BCDieselD50

Next

Return to Diesel Builds