Highly advise to stay away from China junk

Re: Highly advise to stay away from China junk

Postby Asimonsen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:16 pm

just the head? or does it have the works, cam , rockers, valves/springs, injectors?

i'd be glad to pay you for a bare head if i can get a little bit better price on it
Asimonsen

Engine Size: 4d55
What year vehicle do you own?: 1984

Postby wrngwae » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 am

look,,,,,,,,,,,no one here is trying to rob anyone......... the time it takes to even find a head letalone a good one from 198dikity,,,,,,,,,,,,,is a real pain in the ASS,,,,trust us we have all been down this road,,,,,,,,there are people her that would die for a diesel but they know the parts are about as hard to find as it gets,,,,there are members here that have diesels that dont run and probbably wont due to the cost. there have been diesel swaps and you name it but the end result is if you want to drive a 4d55,,,,,,,,,,,,expect the unexpected.....i have rebuiilt mine 2 times just wait you will see i almost bet you wont get 20thousand on your rebuild unless you are "medically" clean and one anal fuck apon reassembly,,,,,,,,,,why you think there are so few,,,,,,even the damn dealerships wouldnt touch these when they came out..............some on quote this......im not gonna take back my words.......
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby muzak » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 pm

My question is how much of the new 4D56 heads on ebay UK are China origin. The rocker assembly almost certainly, those are all over from Hong Kong. It's one thing to get roller rockers but if it's China vs. OEM quality there's no comparison. But likely even if the head itself is Japanese the components are mostly China.
muzak
VIP
VIP

Postby mikewarme » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:22 pm

I dont trust ANY of it, ZAK. Let some other dumb ass try it and find out. Those heads wont last 10-15k. We will check with Spencer later. He has only 6k on his. Wait a little....
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby muzak » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 pm

mikewarme wrote: some other dumb ass...
Indeed.
muzak
VIP
VIP

Postby muzak » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh yeah and I throw those cheap fucking POStroke adapters for those China dial gauges in this category as well (and yes I have the VW). If I extend the push rod 10mm beyond that tip I can swing the pump from end to end without the piston ever touching the rod. Assuming the prestroke adapter should be as long as the plug screw would start to account for this colossal error but the truth is that doesn't even really work either. I would kill to know how long Mitsu assumes that thing is supposed to be. Just the threaded portion of the plug is longer than the adapter by a mm, but the whole thing is about 3mm longer. Perhaps the VW pumps have a wider plug bore that allows the adapter to get further in there IDK WTF but it's a real pisser and it's that one size fits all made in China attitude to blame.
muzak
VIP
VIP

Previous

Return to Genral Questions