where to find a headgasket kit ?

where to find a headgasket kit ?

Postby BCDieselD50 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm

85 d50 4d55t........ went to top off the coolant few days ago, only to find oil in the system...... any one know who would sell a kit ? Are there any other posible faults that could cause this other then the head gasket or somthing being cracked? i just find it odd cause iv never overheated the motor...... i was on a power stroke website and some ppl mentioned somthing about the oil cooler causing similar symptoms to a blown head gasket... i dunno im lost and kinda pissed.. thanks in advance for any insight guys.... :handgestures-thumbup:
-Matt
BCDieselD50

Re: where to find a headgasket kit ?

Postby wrngwae » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 am

yep, advance auto still has these on line!!!!! trust me i know i have head my head off atleast a dozen times maybe even a bakers dozen????? lol i think i can do it in my sleep just make sure your tourqing the head in the right order and the in a 2 step process. but i would say the gasket is bad how many miles on that gasket????????????
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby BCDieselD50 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 pm

209***kms , it just bothers me, it came outa nowhere............. are there anyother possiblities for oil in the cooling system? maybe a internal frost plug ? usualy i just swap motors when shit like this happens but being how hard these things are to find i wanna just fix it........... Maxd50 whats the shipping for the kit ? id even give ya a few bucks extra if ya could help me out.. thanx
BCDieselD50

Postby wrngwae » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:21 am

short of the big 2 problems,,,,cracked block or head,,,, the head gasket is the cheapest and less times taking approach to this repair..... you could just pull the head and have it inspected by a good machine shop and slap a gasket on it and see........i hope it is the gasket for your sake.......heads and blocks are like needled in a hay stack....
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby BCDieselD50 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm

iv been reading around and have heard of getting symtoms of a blown head gasket, from somthing that has to do with the oil cooler? cracked lines of some shit, doesent really make sense to me but could it be a possiblity ?
BCDieselD50

Postby wrngwae » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:09 am

nothing i have ever heard,,,,, the oil cooler lines are fed off the oil filter housing. and there is no coolant lines that are near there. this is new to me??????
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby BCDieselD50 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:48 am

it was on the powerstroke forum completly different setup but i figured its worth checking out before i tear into the head.
BCDieselD50

Postby wrngwae » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 pm

when you tear into that head just remember the 2 stage torque step and the right order of bolts to tighten,,,,,,,,,,,trust me on this.
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Genral Questions