diesel noise

Re: diesel noise

Postby wrngwae » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:24 pm

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:-1 ... =firefox-a

replacement valves,,,,,,,,looking for pistons for ya now.
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby mikewarme » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:01 pm

wrngwae wrote:http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:-1dyM-c-By0J:www.rpmrons.com/SIvalvesrep_mits.html+4d55+replacement+valves&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

replacement valves,,,,,,,,looking for pistons for ya now.

Tye,
Im ahead of you. I called, they are obsolete. SDI does not make em anymore. I found a set elsewhere. Of coarse I ordered 5 sets.
So if anyone needs valves for 4d55 give me a hollar. :wiggle:
mikewarme

What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby DavetheDude » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. Next week I will be pulling the head and inspecting the bore to see what size it is. At that point I will make a decision on what to do. Mike, what will standard pistons cost me? If mine are oversize I can still put new standard sleeves in it right? One sleeve needs replaced anyway.
DavetheDude
VIP
VIP

Postby wrngwae » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:08 am

yep you can have all your sleeves pressed out and new put in and bored to std size. i know for a fact mike has a set of jdm std pistons too. ok mike i need an intake and exhaust valve. when number 4 piston broke on me it bent those valves of mine. and my other head will be complete.............may put it up for sale too.....
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby DavetheDude » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am

Took the head off and pulled the pistons today. Looks like the head is o.k. but I did find the 2 rockers broken on the #4 piston which is understandable. The camshaft and all of the top, except for the 2 rockers, looks like brand new. I'm pretty sure that the 2 valves need replaced. The #4 piston came out in pieces but the other 3 look o.k. The sleeve on #4 is shot. As near as I can tell the bore measures 3.578 which would be standard. The piston have the Mits logo on them so I think what I have here is an engine that had the top end rebuilt and the bottom is original. Maybe it had new bearings put in the bottom. The rod bearing surface on the crank looks good except for some wear on #1. Can't believe the wear happened over 15K miles, so maybe nothing was touched on the bottom. I told myself that if the head was bad I would not go any farther on this engine, but even though it is o.k. I am inclined to sell everything I have and put a fuel injected V6 in this pu. With the diesel I had plenty of power for the pu but didn't have the power I wanted for pulling my trailer. (and not a very big one either) I have lots of extra parts that came with this engine, so I might just sell everything. Any thoughts you guys have, let me know.
DavetheDude
VIP
VIP

Postby mikewarme » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Diffrent trans and all Dave. Also you will need the V6 electrical system. If you don't decide to rebuild diesel which I don't think will bad, let me know what parts you have and I might buy.
mikewarme

Postby mikewarme » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 pm

By the way, where is the manufacture mark on the piston. The orginal ones do NOT have a Mitsubishi mark on the Top. Maybe an imposter.
mikewarme

Postby DavetheDude » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:12 pm

I wouldn't put anything in that wouldn't bolt up, so I'll do my homework before. Yeh I would almost need a donor to get all the electrical. The manufacturer mark is on the inside, down on the skirt.
DavetheDude
VIP
VIP

Postby mikewarme » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:24 pm

If they are genuine Mitsu pistons , than they will have TC stamped on the top. Also look at the top of the piston and see if there are marks from the valve missing the indent in the top of the piston. The imposter pistons have the indent for the valves misaligned causing collision.
mikewarme

Previous

Return to Genral Questions