Galium Modification +hp 4d55-4d56

Galium Modification +hp 4d55-4d56

Postby strada 92 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:47 am

Go see
http://www.chez-galium.com/
It's in french but it's a little modification that gives around 10-15hp on 4d56.I think it will work on 4d55 too.
Go on,roll down the page until you see: Passage d'un moteur 4d56 100cv en 115cv
Clic on and then run the slide-show.
It's really easy to do.
strada 92

Engine Size: 2.5
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Re: Galium Modification +hp 4d55-4d56

Postby LethalEthan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:49 pm

last parts translated. I tried to get the rest but google translator isnt working right.

Attention however has not to believe that you have a racing racing car now, the difference n' is not enormous, but the received points positive are a decreased consumption (jusqu' 1 has thus L/the 100 km) and best taken again with low mode qu' with a trailer

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby strada 92 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 am

Here is the effort of the Google Translate

* The only really expensive and necessary equipment we need.
* Take our courrage two hands, let's drop the intercooler. 4 screws of 10, 2 necklaces
* Dismantling of the 4 screws. and little pipe pressure turbo.

* Once the 4 screws removed, place the lid, the membrane with its nylon ring and spring.
* Here are the 4 parts removed, remove the ring nylon and membrane, we will not need the nylon ring.
* Here the nylon ring removed.
* Make a mark on the serrated wheel and make him make 1 / 2 turn counterclockwise-clockwise.
* The spool with his 1 / 2 turn, and the landmark.
* It suffices now to put that all in without the nylon ring.
* Installation of the spring.
* Installation of the membrane.
* Installation of the cover and 4 screws.
* Here all closed and the hose pressure turbo replaced.
* The nylon ring is the only thing that is not in.
* Now we tackle the regulator valve turbo, take away all the 2 screws (key 12).
* We put two washers between the base of the valve and the intake manifold.
* Let's put the valve in place with 2 new bolts.
* We see here the two washers which raise the valves of the intake manifolds.
* Reassembling the intercooler and small road test ....
* The safety valve turbo booster.
Note for the road test
To control if the washers are not too thick when you're in 3rd at 2500 rpm, then push the accelerator pedal to the metal, if unfortunately, the sound of pressure cooker that is heard on the engine side, not panic, You just put two washers a bit thinner, it is the safety valve which releases (photo 20), otherwise it's finished.
Attention has however not believe that you now have a race car, the difference is not huge, but the points received are positive consumption decreased (up to 1 L / 100 km) and a better recovery at low speeds and with a trailer.

There are 20 (en Français: 20) pictures in the slide show, 20 dots on this posting. First dot= first picture, et cetera.

That increase fuel delivery and boost pressure a bit.
strada 92

Postby strada 92 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:28 am

The Galium modification is for any 4d56 and 4d55.Sure it's better to have intercooler,It
give you even more HP.

The modification increase fuel delivery as well as boost pressure when in full load.
In the IP boost compensator head,there is a plunger actuated by the boost pressure pushing the membrane.The plunger
increase fuel delivery when boost increase.The travel of the membrane is limited by the nylon ring.

So when you do the Galium modification,you remove the nylon ring to allow more travel of the plunger,so more fuel under high load.But to keep the thing safe for the engine,you turn the serrated
wheel 1/2 COUNTERCLOCKWISE.That reduce a bit the travel of the plunger by increasing the spring force.

For the wastegate actuator,you can put washers,easier,but you can also adjust the rod.It's a bit
more complicated 'cause in many case there is rust on the rod.
strada 92

Postby pdub » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 am

This is kind of neat. I was going to ask what the IP boost compensator was, until I re-read your post and it made sense.

What I was going to ask was if it changed the injection pump timing or if it increased the fuel supply. Then I realized you said it increased the fuel delivery.

But after doing some thinking, I just want to see if I understand this correctly, so I'll number my questions/hypotheses.

1) Does the injection pump change the amount of fuel delivered by staying on for longer or shorter times?

2) And if you step on the gas more, does that make the injector stay on later or turn on earlier or both?

3) So then this boost compensator - does it do the same thing that pushing on the gas a little more would do?

4) If so, then does that mean this mod would only have more effect at full throttle?

5) And as a side note - is the boost compensator the thing that makes a federal pump different from a California pump? If not, can anyone explain what is the difference?

Thanks,

pdub
pdub

What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Postby pdub » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 am

I guess a related 2-part question (maybe it should be a different question) is

A) What effect does advancing the timing have?

B) What effect does retarding the timing have?

thanks

pdub
pdub

What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Return to Genral Questions