what's the largest tire i can fit without a lift?

Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: what's the largest tire i can fit without a lift?

Postby Spicoli » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:23 am

30" all stock assuming that motor didnt weight her down any farther

But they do make bodylifts and you can crank out your torsion bars for about 4 or 5inches overall :handgestures-thumbup: and then you could run a 33 easily

Got any pics?
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby kxracer987 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:56 pm

300D50 wrote:There's quite a few pics, got a gallery of em on my site.

No info yet on how engine weight will affect the ride height, as the engine isn't in yet. It'll probably sit a bit lower though, being a completely cast iron inline 6 as opposed to the aluminum 4 banger that came out of it.

How hard is it to do the torsion bar thing?
Also, are there any negative effects that come from readjusting the torsion bars? This is going to be a daily-driver and I'd hate to have my suspension give out.

The bulk of the trucks story is told in this post on HRCS.

Cranking the torsion bars is very simple. Just lift the front of the truck up so the a-arms (IDK what there called on a truck) are stress free and hanging. Then crawl under the truck and you will see 2 bolts behind the cab where the torsion bars end. The tighter you tighten them, the higher the front end will sit. The downfalls to cranking them is that if you crank them to far, it can potentially where the front end components out faster, and it will typically give a rougher ride. With that being said, most of the members on here have cranked there T-bars and are still on stock front end components, and your ride shouldn't really be rougher since you will have all the extra weight in the front. Also, you should get an alignment if you crank them. Hope this helps :handgestures-thumbup:
My Money pit-D50, DD-Sonoma, and Baby-Power Wagon
ImageImageImage
kxracer987

Engine Size: 2.4l
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Postby Sledgehammer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 pm

If you do crank the T-bars it is a good idea to trim down the rubber snubber under the upper A arm. It will provide a bit more suspenion travel. You should be able to trim about 50% of it off.

John W.
1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 4 Wheel Drive
Sledgehammer

Postby leonwold » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:04 am

i have an 89 with the 2.6 with 31x10.5's and they just fit perfectly. they miss rubbing by a hair when u crank the wheel.
leonwold

Return to Wheel & Tire