killa tunes

Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

killa tunes

Postby Ramit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Well I finally got around to installing some sound in the old Ram and here are all the particulars. To begin with,my main choice of music is Metal :music-deathmetal: :music-headbanger: . I like it loud and I like it fast.Screaming guitars and a hard and heavy drum beat is the shiznit. I'm not into all the ground shaking, window rattling subs, so that will explain why I chose the route that I did. I started out with a JVC KD-PDR30 radio/CD/MP3 player that is rated at 200W Max.(50W x 4). It is hooked to a Kenwood KAC-6202 400W stereo/bridgeable power amp.I fabbed a custom wooden enclosure that fits between the top of the tranny tunnel and the AC vents directly behind the shifter.I installed a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" 280W Max. 3-way speakers into it(one speaker on each side).I then built a couple of wooden boxes that fit nice and neat behind each bucket seat that I just installed a few weeks ago.Got the buckets from a Mazda Protege at Pull a Part for about $40 in perfect shape :dance: . Into those boxes went a pair of Pioneer 300W Max. 6x9 4-ways.With the amp set at a little over 1/2 way up, that system is friggin' loud as hell!I took my time with all the connections(soldered and heat shrink tubing used throughout).No twisted and taped crap.I made sure all the power wires were routed away from all the speaker wires.The extra time spent has given me a nice and clean sounding system. There is no hissing or rattling and absolutely no engine noise coming through.I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.So the next time you are outside and you think you hear some Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, it's probably just me down here in Tennessee with the windows down and the volume up! Rock On Mo Fo's! :music-rockon:
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Re: killa tunes

Postby LethalEthan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:20 pm

i like your choice of music :music-rockout:

I also have pioneer 4way 6x9's rated at 300. They've lasted through 2 trucks with no probem at all. great sound too

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby DroppedMitsu » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 pm

metal head here too; Iron Maiden and Priest are badass. Your setup sounds nice, you should get some pics up of it.
-Josh-
1987 Mighty Max with 4g63 Turbo swap
1989 Macrocab Mighty Max
DroppedMitsu
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby Ramit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 pm

I really need to invest in a digital camera, or at least borrow one to take some pics.I graduated high school back in 82, so I love that old Metal.I like some of the newer stuff, but it can't replace the old stuff like AC/DC,VH,Crue,or Metallica.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Return to Audio & Electronics