My Brothers newest toy

My Brothers newest toy

Postby DarthWookie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Hey guys, just thought I'd post up some pics of my little brother's newest toy. It's a 1979 Chevy Luv he picked up for 250$. It's currently got a 4cylinder and a automatic, but he's building a 350 he got from a 1988 Caprice, along with a 4 speed automatic w/OD to squeeze into it. Oh, and he's giving me those rims off it for my birthday :dance: :dance:

where the hell are my PANTS!?!?!?!?
DarthWookie

Re: My Brothers newest toy

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Rims don't look too bad. My uncle had a truck like that. He's a little on the big side so it definetly looked like he needed a bigger truck. Nice avitar. ;)
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby pennyman1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 pm

He better beef up the frame on that truck, they love to break in half right behind the cab. Great find, almost bought a set of those wheels when they were new.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby DarthWookie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Update: Well, after tinkering with the luv for a while and giving me the rims, my brother turned around and sold it for what he had in it. He didn't have the time or money to truly give the truck the attention it needed, but the guy he sold it to is loadedededed :dance: , and plans on restoring it properly. I wish him luck, those luvs have no replacement suppliers whatsoever :snooty: . Makes finding stuff for our trucks look easy. My brother took the money he got for the Luv and now is the proud owner of a 1993 s-10. Sure they're the doorknob of minitrucks, but at least the parts are readily available. It's got the 2.8 ltr and a 5speed, some minor cosmetic problems( needs new grille and front bumper), but the body is straight as hell, just need the sufrace rust removed and a new paint job. Runs fine too, although I think he still plans on dropping in the 350 he's buildin :twisted: . Not bad considering he's got $445 dollars in it so far. I'll post pics later if ya'll want em...............
DarthWookie

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Hmmmmmmm. A chevy luv into a chevy s10. I think it's a better choice for practical usage. Restorative wouldve been better with the luv, but it ain't my project. Hope he gets what he wants out of it. I like pics. :)
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Postby DarthWookie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Okies here's some pics. The pics were taken thursday, and the luv wasnt picked up till friday, hence it gracing the background in a few of these pics. Also the door panels seen in the back of the truck are now reinstalled, he had to fix a passenger side window track and replace the exterior door handles on both doors

In this pic you can see the reason he neeeds a new grille and front bumper lol
DarthWookie

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Doesn't look too bad. I'd rock that. At one point in time I almost picked up a white extra cab. Didn't pick it up cause for some reason the bed was cut right behind the cab, along the top of the bed. I didn't like that and thought it would be better to just keep looking. Also passed on a frontier cause the passenger door pannel was messed up. Bought my 96 blazer around that time.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Return to Other Vehicles