FREEBIE.

FREEBIE.

Postby DarthWookie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Yep thats what I said, FREEBIE!! This past weekend a good friend of the wife and mine stopped by to visit, and before I knew it he gave us his truck. Our friend Jason is an otr truck driver, and we've known him and his wife and kids for 3-4 years now, ever since they moved to Arkansas from California, but him bein on the road 5-6 days a week, we don't see much of him. So when he came over to visit, he asked how things had been. Tricia(my wife) told him that I was really having a hard time finding work and that I was also trying to save up enough money for a doctor's appointment to do something aboot my sleeping disorder. He then proceed to hand me 80 bucks, saying don't argue with me, take it, go see the doc, get yourself looked at. Then he proceeded to tell us that he wanted us to have his truck becuase A) nobody had the mone to buy it for what he was askin, B) with my in-laws having totalled their car last month and tricia's sister not having a car either, our two cars was having to do the work of 4, and lastly because it was just sitting in his yard bieng used for a trash bin. So now I'm the proud owner of a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT! It has a few minor things to fix, i.e. leaky valve cover gaskets, but all in all it's in damn fine shape for a 140,000+ miles!

where the hell are my PANTS!?!?!?!?
DarthWookie

Re: FREEBIE.

Postby pennyman1 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:37 pm

What a friend!!! The world needs more of people like him instead of the a holes who steal it all and then beg congress to bail them out!!! :handgestures-thumbup: :dance: :mrgreen: :D
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby Spicoli » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Wow, hats off to your friend. Saw your comment in the chat and wondered. What you got I was hoping for another Mitsu but el well. :greetings-clapyellow:
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Buddy, you just won the ultimate deal there man. I made a post about "drug deals" or hook ups...and brother, your friend really hooked ya up! Tell your friend personally I said thank you! I'm a truck driver in the Army. My father was a trucker, my family is in the trucking industry. In the old days you'd want a trucker to help you out if you were stranded on the side of the road. Seeing these new "truckers" these days, I'd rather take my own chances. With all the talk about "Support The Troops", it's a shame my american heroes are often overlooked. Again, tell him I said thank you! Hopefully this is the beginning to things going your way! Take care!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Return to Other Vehicles