Bought some new stuff today

Bought some new stuff today

Postby LethalEthan » Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 pm

So recently my electric rad fan went out. It was a junkyard fan so I didnt expect it to last very long anyway. Coincidentily my thermostat is stuck open at the same time hahaha so i've been running it like normal and its been staying about 30-40 degree's cooler than usual, with the occasional spike up to 180degree's, which is still a bit less than my normal op. temp. So I went out today and bought this 14in hayden electric fan. It moves 1250cfm! Summit racing wants $85.95 for this fan, I picked it up at the local pepboys for $55.91 thanks to some kids I go to school with and their employee discounts haha. I also bought a thermostatic fan controller and wire harness plus mounting tabs. In the next week or so i'll be recieving a three row aluminum KOYO radiator FOR FREE! The rad needs a new neck welded on which i can get done for the cost of supplies which should be around $25. It is currently keeping Justins turbo 240sx cool so it should be PLENTY for my truck. Here are the pics I have right now. I'll put up some more once we get around to the install.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Re: Bought some new stuff today

Postby Spicoli » Tue May 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Nice job E. Last I heard you say anything bout the suzu u said it was on hold whats withthat amigo?
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby RusTy Max » Tue May 05, 2009 7:43 pm

I love my electric fan setup... much cooler than my old mechanical setup!
RusTy Max

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Postby LethalEthan » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I got almost all my amigo fenders kerby. The only one I dont have is the passenger rear 1/4 panel. Couldnt get it off before the amigo got crushed. I'll have to find one elsewhere. But shipping one is still cheaper than shipping 4. I got paint for the truck too. Only temporary paint of course so it will be black for a little while. It was only $2 a gallon so i figured might as well. Sometime before the end of this 1/4 at school ill have my frame notched too.

The electric fan is great rusty. I think the one thing I like most about it is its a hundred times more quiet than the old clutch fan.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby Spicoli » Wed May 06, 2009 8:07 am

Hell all the electric fans I have used make WAY more noise then the stock one but the noise doesn't matter to me the coolness does. But I need to do some work on the ol V6 seems like shes using water :handgestures-thumbdown:
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Return to Other Vehicles