Welder

Welder

Postby Josh2g » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I want to learn how to weld and I want to buy a welder and learn through videos online because I don't want to pay for classes so what is a good welder to learn with? People tell me that it depends on what I want to weld basically I want to be able to build the roll cage for my truck and fab up the exhuast. So help me out and tell me what kind to look for and how much I should look to spend.
Josh2g
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Re: Welder

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Try getting with a welder in maintenance. I occasionally buy them some beer for work. If you get in good with them, they can teach you.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby Josh2g » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Johnboy72 wrote:Try getting with a welder in maintenance. I occasionally buy them some beer for work. If you get in good with them, they can teach you.

Hadn't thought of that, our welder is cool as hell to. Jeez, I need to reclass to something useful.
Josh2g
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Postby laidoutmits » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:16 pm

My welder came from lowes with a veideo for bout $500 bucks and after 8 years I just had it fixed for cheap. Lincon from lowes is good
laidoutmits

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby camoit » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Welders.... Miller is one of the best. They make them in all price ranges. I would sugest a 220Volt unit. It's big enough to weld the thick plate down to a beer can. 115 Volt welders are or for sheet but only have a 30% Duty Cycle. If I was to buy a new one it would be a millermatic 252. I would recomend the 212 It can do 3/8" no problem @ 60% Duty Cycle. It would last you a life time. If you want to have lessions I could help with live on line welding. Just log into my video feed and ask questions on the chat board. I'm more then willing to help. When I'm working on the truck. If I'm in the shop I normaly drop a link to the video on the chat.
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/onephase.php
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Return to Off Topic