The stuff that gets me down...

The stuff that gets me down...

Postby Maxxheadroom » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:29 pm

I am sitting here thinking about the state of our country and the world as a whole. I remember days not that long ago when the world still had innocence, a time when a kid could ride his bike down to the store and not worry about it, a time when people didn't fear that the door was unlocked at night or even during the day. Now I am afraid to let our kids out of my sight, I don't even like letting them ride up and down the road. To further this our once great country is now rotting from the inside out. Our great new leader has pumped billions of dollars into what he says was the economy but in reality Mr. Yes We Can has pumped billions of dollars back into the government padding the pockets of giant corporation CEO's and politicians. Meanwhile the rest of us who were barely hanging on clinging to an already slippery cliff of dis pare are being pushed off by the thousands. Crime rate sky rockets as desperate families do what they have to as a means of survival. This is what our country has been reduced to, experts say the economy will recover in about a year, a year, 365 more days we have to figure out how we are going to make it. 12 more months of picking which bills can get paid and which we can put off another week or two. 52 weeks of having on and off again work with no insurance. 1 year of having to fear that I might get hurt today and will have no way to deal with it, 1 year of fear that I might get sick and will be in debt for the rest of my life. I am supposed to be the provider for my family but instead I am stuck home searching the same job ads over and over just hoping I will find something, hoping my application will catch the attention of the employer out of the hundreds or thousands they will surely receive for that job. Staring into a hopeless black pit just wondering when the light will shine through, hoping that someday I will find a glimmer of light in what seems like an endless struggle. When does it stop, when does it get better? When do I get to go to work and know I have to work tomorrow, next week, or even next month. I want our innocence back, when the country was still somewhat honest when people got into politics to do good and help those who need it. The further we get from God as a country the worse it's going to get and that's all there is to it period.
Maxxheadroom

Return to Off Topic