The Fishing Thread

The Fishing Thread

Postby LethalEthan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Well summer is coming and that means we will be fishing almost everyday. So I figured i'd make a thread to throw up all the pictures in. Saltwater fishing so you never really know what your gonna catch. Mostly out here it's whiting,shark,red drum, black drum, spotfish, stingray, and puffer fish. All inshore as well. Most of the time off a dock sometimes we go out to the beach and fish right off the jetti's.

^ Northern Whiting

^ Stone crab! Their rare, this one was quite pissed off as well.

Baby blacktip shark. Hopefully around next week sometime the big ones will be coming around :twisted:

HUGE STINGRAY! I almost shit my pants when this big bastard came up out of the water. The last pic, the smaller one is about the normal size you catch around here. The bigger one dwarfs the little one.

Southern Whiting

dog fish. I hear these are on the endangered species list, or they were rather. But the one I caught is 1 of only 2 i've ever seen caught around here.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Re: The Fishing Thread

Postby Spicoli » Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Fishing up here is kinda boring, Cat, Wiper, blue gill, bass thats bout it. I hate fishing rod and reel Limb Lining, is the shit tho. For those of you that dont know limb lining you put poles out with a hook like 6inches below the water and you can put out a shit load of em, catch alot of fish in a hurry
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby LethalEthan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 pm

They catch fuck loads of sheeps head off the jetti's with bamboo poles

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby RusTy Max » Thu May 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Some of mine... fishing with the GF... Saltwater...
See Picture Descriptions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RusTy Max

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Postby Spicoli » Thu May 07, 2009 7:35 pm

One of my homeboyz caught a lil under 15lb catfish a while back, wish I would have gotten pics of it.

Rusty the sunfish those are bait for us limb lining my buddies creek we go netting in (hush hush on that) and catch all the baby blue gill and sunfish we can, them wipers and cats love em
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby 79D50 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:06 am

You guys need to come up to PAC NW and get some fishing in. There are areas we go it's a friggin seafood buffet.

1. Salmon - Kings, Silvers and Dogs
2. Trout - Ocean going Bad Boys that are as large as Silvers - 30lbs +
3. Dogfish - Those things are not endangered here. Go fish past 6pm any summer night and that's all you catch.
4. Snapper , Halibut
5. Drop Pots for Shrimp and Crab - Rock and Dungenese

Dig for: Razor Clams, Butters, Steamers, Goey Duck, Oysters lying everwhere....

There is a place called Point Quilcene on the North side of the Hoods Canal Bridge that you can do all of the above in one place. The seasons vary but bring your cooking gear and you can literally stuff your face and the faces of 20 people with the freshest seafood you have ever tasted.

Charter fishing here is off the hook.....lol

I propose a plan be set to get some folks together to Camp/Fish/BBQ...and of course - DRINK!
79D50
Donator
Donator

Postby RusTy Max » Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Spicoli wrote:One of my homeboyz caught a lil under 15lb catfish a while back, wish I would have gotten pics of it.

Rusty the sunfish those are bait for us limb lining my buddies creek we go netting in (hush hush on that) and catch all the baby blue gill and sunfish we can, them wipers and cats love em

I totally know that one... we go Jugging with brim. Cut brim of course! Catch tons of cats and turtles! The fun part is trying to snag the jug that's swimming around the pond!
RusTy Max

Postby Spicoli » Fri May 08, 2009 4:52 pm

My sisters been living down around Muskogee OK, Im totally wanting to go noodling or whatever they call it when they fish for them monster cats with there arms

Any one here ever done that?
--keRby

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby Ramit » Fri May 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Hell no, and I never will.My luck, I would find a big ass snapping turtle or get into a nest of water moccasins.I'm staying on the dry ground thank you very much.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Postby RusTy Max » Fri May 08, 2009 5:57 pm

I'd do it... a buddy of mine owns a catfish farm... but no noodling there... just lakes full of HUGE cats, flatheads, blues, channel, ranging from 2lbs. - 70+!
RusTy Max

Next

Return to Off Topic