85 chase truck

A place to post a build thread for your 1st Gen truck.
(1979-1986)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

85 chase truck

Postby Dr.Speed » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 am

Well here starts the diary of a mad truck. I got this truck for christmas last year it ran fine for a few months then the carb linkage got stuck so i re adjusted it started it once and teh carb started to dump fuel. so it sat for awhile then some dick head broke the windshield. so now i need a new windshield and 150 bucks for the holley 5200 and linkage and adaptor. hoping that by the end of teh month will have the funds to get the truck road worthy again so heres teh skinny.

1985 Dodge Ram 50 coustum (why is it coustum its so bare bones it makes me laugh)
G63B engine stock all the way around 5 speed manual (i cant drive an automatic)
o btw it is 2wd yeeehawwww
Future plans
holley 5200 (weber copy)
Add a LEafs in the rear to get about an inch lift with spring spacers up front ( if done correct is very safe)
30x10 tires on 15inch rims
rear rollbar/light bar
dakar bar with winch
rear tube bumper
kc lights
100 amp 1 wire alternator powermaster mini type
PAINT maybe stick with the blue or go a silver route with pinstriping

2 side boxes
front drilled slotted rotors with ebc pads

so yeah thats basically my plans a nice stock truck with some bolt on goodies do it like a dessert chase truck to go take care of all my friends when they get there shit stuck

and for the stereo its laughable really pyle headunit 2 pyle 3way 4x6s for the doors ran off teh head unit and then a 100 watt pyramid amp in back running to pyramid 5 inch subs and 2 pyle 6x9 3ways
and tehn a 400 watt pyramid amp running a set of pyle componets with crossovers under teh dash shoul;d sound nice and i got it all and it cost like 200 bucks mwahaha :nana: so thats basically it for teh truck not to much on modifiaction i have a 79 celica that i use for when i get the need to go fast this truck is just gonna be a reliable daily driver weekend warrior parts grabber summer party truck!
Goin fast and looking good when i crash since 1989
Dr.Speed

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Re: 85 chase truck

Postby camoit » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Pictures we want pictures... I'm under first gen d-50 build out sacramento..
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Return to 1st generation