Class 6 Off Road Race Truck D-50 build out. Chevy. 4.3L V6

A place to post a build thread for your 1st Gen truck.
(1979-1986)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: D-50 build out. Sacramento Ca.

Postby pennyman1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

Poncho from CHPs is gonna bust ya for that "steal" on those parts lol :clap: :dance: :pray: :whistle:
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Over came a large hurtle today. I went to the California DMV. Now in California there is a law called AB100 It lets 500 cars per year be registered by either the year of the engine or the body type. They normally are gone on the first day of the year by around 11Am. These things are like gold. I Once I found out that there was 150 left I new I had to have one to build the truck the way I wanted to. So I went to the DMV in Carmichael, what a joke that is. One hour in line just to get a bingo ticket. Then 2.5 hours to get to the person at the counter. Then they wanted to see the truck. I told them how can you see a truck if you drive it here to show them. Now I know that in talking to the department that gives this “paper of gold” out I can get it with out the truck. But they were stuck on stupid. I herd that the Folsom office knows how this works. So off I went. With an engine receipt and a junk slip for one of the trucks I have. After 4.5 hours there I had what I came for. Now the rules are simple. Have all the receipts you used to build the truck, OR build a car from a junked car but it can’t look like the car you junked. But when they ask you is the truck compleat tell them YES, but it is at home. As for a price I gave them a round about cost of $13000.00. After a fee of $260.00 I’m now the proud owner of a constructed truck. Now to build the truck. Then there is the CHP, brake lamp inspection, and finally the SMOG people. Image
DMV IN FOLSOM THEY KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS.
Last edited by camoit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby Themanthepete » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Wow, that's insane! And you did all that for the purpose of complete freedom of customizing? I'm putting a 302 in my 1st gen, while it's stock height, then once it's legal, I will have it bodydropped and get it smogged like normal as an '85 mustang.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Check out the website! www.BodiedClothing.com
Themanthepete

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1985

Postby camoit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Whats on it for smog? The SMOG ref here says that if you put in a newer engine you must use all the smog for the year of that engine. Including, air pump, cat, air cleaner, exhuast, fuel tank, evap, and so on. Now you can't chip the computer. On my diesel ford F350 it needs to have a Smog every year. Opasity test, they hook up to the computer check codes and version up dates. If you have a chip it must be on the california approved list. No after market parts. Welcom to the new world order.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby TotallyBalistic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 am

you suck dude i want that transmission
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Postby MightyMax » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:06 pm

mikewarme wrote:[
Now you look here Boy...... Them diesels are worth REAL good money even not running or rusty. You find out where they went please!

lmao "now you look here boy" lmao
the starting line-up
MightyMax
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby RickDees » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Nice score on the 6 spd, you basically got the engine free.
Now dump all the electronic BS, it’s a night mare with 20 some censers.
The last time I checked you couldn’t have the codes re-written (ECU), ( not for the V6)
They could re-write the v8’s at the time I checked it out, but not the V6.

It’s all so expensive to replace, just the injection (spider and poppet’s) will cost about $400.

I have a 97 4.3 in mine, I tried my best to keep the sequential fuel injection, But I read after so many rpm’s the fuel gets dumped on valves. (There goes the theory of the spraying injector) A nice Edelbrock and 4 barrel carb will be a quarter of the fuel injection cost, I already mentioned the pain in the ass, wire loom, ECU and shit load of censors. But Hey, I have loom and a ECU I will gladly sale you…lol

The six speed should work very well with 3:54 gearing. I have Th350 in mine with 3:73 (narrowed ford rear end) and I need higher gears, or a Tremec 5 spd. (I know exactly how much they cost)
That little truck is going to scream, oh and watch your cam, To much and you will loose low end torque. (Mine is just a RV cam that wouldn't screw with the fuel injection)

But if you like a engine that lopes, Give an ear to this V6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9dA0jTD ... re=related
Visit some s10 forum and just read on this engine. I found the vid on one S-10 site

Keep us posted
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calender says W T F.....
RickDees
Donator
Donator

Engine Size: 4.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1986

Postby camoit » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Yep I planed on a carb. The harness is cut on this one and no ECU. It's a good core.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby TotallyBalistic » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 am

gosh dang rick the cam in that v6 sounded pretty big. they mentioned a blower in there too so that motor is alot more than any of us is probably plannin on building, but it lets you know with the right amount of money 4.3's can run with v8's
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
TotallyBalistic
Good Times
Good Times

Postby fixerupper10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:18 am

damn..all that time wasted at the dmv....hahah im so glad i live in kansas. no one cares about that junk. they would have to deal with to many of us rednecks around here and i know they dont want that haha
fixerupper10

Engine Size: 2.6

PreviousNext

Return to 1st generation