My build thead and 4g63 turbo swap

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: My build thead and 4g63 turbo swap

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm

My truck came with a km132 trans. It's the 2.0 5 speed trans from like 88 to 89 or so. A little more detailed information could be found on project zero g website. There was a 4 speed trans that would bolt up too but I'm not too sure what the stamp was in it.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby FordTruckMan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks, I'm gettin ready for a 4g63 build here soon myself so I'm trying to collect info. I also need to know what motor mounts I need or will the ones that are on work? The engine I'm gettin has the ecu and wiring harness so I'm good as far as that goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 pm

I did my swap with a parts car and regretted it. If you are going to keep the engine in the stock location then the factory g63b engine mounts are perfect. Unless you want to move the engine forward 3 inches and make things more accessable in the rear of the engine then modified engine mounts and cross member are required. As well as a modified driveshaft. The stock location for the engine will require you to modify the firewall to have room for the cas and waterneck that sticks out about 2 and a half inches with the 1.8 waterneck from a 90 or so eclipse. The 7 bolt engine that has the cas on the gear part of the cam and a crank sensor would save some space as well as the front exit from jay racing but of course you are going to have to custom a plate on one of the mounts because of the lack of threaded holes for our engine mounts. Hope you have a plan for everything. Don't you wanna start a new thread to gather information?
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby Anthony4G93 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 pm

hey I'm curently gathering all I need for the same swap to my 87 MM... my Q is the ecu harness where and how do I plug it... what parts of the harness do I have to use, wich parts are basacly useless... any help will be apriciated
FIRST GOD MADE THE WORLD... THEN HE MADE MITSUBISHI :)
Anthony4G93
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Previous

Return to 2nd Generation